My warranty on the N900 is coming up very soon, I have been very careful with my N900 and it's USB port, but I am worried about the USB port breaking.

Is there any way to tell if my USB port is about to break (while it's still under warranty?) I have not had any trouble with it charging or connecting so far.

Thank you

It is about to break if you are wobbling it whenever you remove the USB cord from n900.

And also when you see your n900 falling and almost hitting the ground while USB is still connected.

It seems the cord does wobble, but it doesn't cause the N900 to stop charging.

Does anyone else have any input on what happened before their USB connector failed on the n900?

If it wobbles and you have probs charging and or connecting to a computer through the usb cable (meaning you need to jiggle wires for em to work), then it's a pretty good sign that it's about to fall out. Thats about it really....

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
If you filed down the teeth on the USB cable and you never dropped your phone while charging, the USB port should be fine.

There is a certain amount of play, especially if you file down those teeth. But the major sign is flaky connectivity.

The Following User Says Thank You to cr0c0 For This Useful Post: