Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Well actually it was not a case of bad interaction with a certain router... My device was unable to connect to any other router... It's just that the problem remained with my router after I had restored the factory settings... So it was something else!
In all the searching I have done, you and trancedancer seem to be the only ones who have reported anything like the problem you described here and that I am currently having. I downloaded the app last night. My phone was working beautifully before. I currently do not want my cell carrier's sim in my phone. I have never put a sim card in it and am just using Wifi only as I have it here at the house. My settings are connect to Wifi automatically and switch to Wifi when available. After I downloaded the app, my phone stated that I had no internet connection, though I did.

I was so delighted when I read that yours and trancedancers troubles with this stopped when you re-started the router. I have done that and it does not work. Before I did that I uninstalled the app and re-started the N-900. I have re-started the router several times, leaving it off all night. I am fairly new to all of this but want to learn. I just didn't want to learn how to hard reset right now after only having my phone for 2 glorious weeks! I suppose before I do that, as it's not critical that I have my phone at the moment, I should test all the other apps that came pre-loaded and a few I downloaded along with Wifi switcher. Now, I realize it could be a problem with one of the other apps, but, this is the ONLY one that has anything to do with Wifi, and it happened directly after, so I highly suspect it is this.

If anyone can help with any idea whatsoever, please, let me know.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Just as a quick reply. I had the same described issues. After installing wifi switcher and enjoying the reduced battery drain on battery-eye, I realized that I wasn't able to connect to my home network. Rebooting the router didn't work - rebooting the n900 did.

@ladysheila: I cross my fingers that you'll find a solution soon. Good luck.

icke

The wifi switches is causing reboots sometimes . I did not install any mod for wifi , the last thing I did to my phone is customising my transitions . By the way , transitions could cause reboots ? :-s