Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Has anyone found a clamp mount with a base fitting into a car cup holder? I want to have the 770 screen accessable in my car for hookup to my music system, and maybe a gps unit. I have a friend that has something simular for his iPod.

Thoughtfix found a nice mount for his device.

http://thoughtfix.blogspot.com/

I bought a foam cup cell phone holder at a truck stop for $5. It sits in a cup hole in my car, and can easily hold both my iPod and cell phone. It has two slots - one big, one small, and four holes (for pens, Blistek, etc).

If you took one of those, and gently widened the slot with a razor or X-Acto knife, it would work fine. Plus, since the power adapter socket is on the bottom of the unit, a plug can snake out the bottom hole, to your lighter socket. It was built with a hole in it, by design, for charging cell phones. Similarly, a cassette tape adapter could plug into it, and also snake out the bottom hole.

Just a thought.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
The GPS windshield mount probably won't work on my car since the windshield base is pretty far foward. The AC vent clips might, I'll have to take a closer look and measurements when I get a chance.

I'll check my local autoparts store to for the foam holder. Never heard of such a item, but it makes sense someone came up with it.

See attached picture. $5 US at just about any truckstop. Handy for anybody that spends a lot of time in the car.
Attached Images

You know, you could probably get by with gently lancing the outer edges of the cupholder slot, down only half an inch. Then, it would snap back when you removed the 770, and still hold the iPod. Just a thought.