Active Topics

Notices

Thanks Benson, I'll try that later
I'm trying all this on my PC before starting to fiddle with the NIT (no point to waste time on the tablet if the Basilisk can't correctly make it run on a more powerful machine )

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
I got Myst for MacOS to start up, but not run correctly. I kept getting error t107, whatever the heck that means.

In case you are interested in trying it yourself, here's what I did.

On my WinXP, box I used MagicISO to create myst.iso from the cd-rom. I coped that .iso to a SDHC card and put it in my external slot (N800). I edit the ~/.basilisk_ii_prefs file and added the line "cdrom /dev/cdrom". I did "sudo gainroot" and created a symlink from /dev/cdrom to the .iso file on the memory card by "ln -s /media/mmc1/myst.iso /dev/cdrom". Then I started BasiliskII and the Myst CD appeared on the Mac desktop. I copied the Myst and Myst Files folder to the "hard drive" (as directed to do by the software when I tried to run it from the "CD") and started the program. That's when I started getting error t107 repeatedly. I eventually had to shutdown BasiliskII since "CMD-Q" in Myst kept giving me error t107. Oh well.

The Following User Says Thank You to terrencegf For This Useful Post:
To quote Homer Simpson... d'oh!
I read about this error, but was referred to an old revision of BasiliskII. It was partially resolved upgrading Quicktime, the hard part is to find an old yet updated (for the time, circa 1995) that will install correctly.
Did you set the color palette to 256 colors? Myst always gave me problems on windows PC for the palette being set to 16bit (same as the NIT)

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
To quote Homer Simpson... d'oh!
I read about this error, but was referred to an old revision of BasiliskII. It was partially resolved upgrading Quicktime, the hard part is to find an old yet updated (for the time, circa 1995) that will install correctly.
Did you set the color palette to 256 colors? Myst always gave me problems on windows PC for the palette being set to 16bit (same as the NIT)
I'm using the version of Basilisk that runs in "thousands" of colors since it runs fullscreen. I haven't tried the alternate build that runs in 256 colors (and not fullscreen).

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Isn't the "Source" code for Myst just a bunch of HyperCard stacks?

Maybe we can make it run on the tablets by implementing an OSS HyperTalk interpreter?

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

According to Wikipedia... yes, you're absolutely right.
But I'm afraid it's more complex than that, otherwise Fissure would be already on our machines

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Hmmmm.... drat :P

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St Louis, MO
http://clanmyst.sourceforge.net/index.html sounds promising but it's nowhere close to being playable. no clue if it would even run on maemo but should. see also http://insidethelink.ortiche.net/wik....php/Main_Page

Last edited by kc0nlh; 2011-01-21 at 16:38.