Active Topics

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
with regards to the back cover, the n900 checks if its attached via a small magnet under the kickstand which is notorious for coming loose and falling out, check its still there.
I think my magnet is still attached, is there any other sensors that it uses?

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
If it is clear that no hardware issue prevents mounting, you could try to check and repair the file system. You need rootsh installed for this
Code:
sudo gainroot
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk1p1
mount /media/mmc1
Output from fsck is as follows:

fsck.ex2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/mmcblk1p1
/dev/mmcblk1p1/:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ........) etc.

Output from mount command:
mount: can't find /media/mmc1 in /etc/fstab

How do I get the entry for mmcblk1p1 into /dev/ ?

Anybody able to post their /etc/fstab contents for me to see the correct entry for the mmcblk1p1 device?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I had the same problem... External SD Card just disappeared. Sent it to repairs because flashing did nothing.

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
I had the same problem... External SD Card just disappeared. Sent it to repairs because flashing did nothing.
"I'm thinking that something went bad with the sensor that has the back cover magnet as a counterpart.

Hopefully I get at least a repair report, if I don't get a new device =D The magnet sensor has to be on the motherboard, fixing it might be too expensive."

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
Yeah, I am starting to get that feeling that it is a hardware problem . I was hoping that there is some diagnostics I can do to get confirmation of this. When connected to a windows machine, both drives come up under Mass Storage Mode, but it says to insert disk into drive for the external SD card slot drive letter.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
I had more or less the same problem but also my camera would not launch with the back cover on. Had to send it to Nokia who had it for about 10 days and sent me a replacement which is all good.

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
I had more or less the same problem but also my camera would not launch with the back cover on. Had to send it to Nokia who had it for about 10 days and sent me a replacement which is all good.
I also had issues with the camera and back cover, dmesg showed that the signals from the camera button and back cover were somehow wrong. The flashing didn't fix those either, so I sent it to the shop.

Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
Yeah, I am starting to get that feeling that it is a hardware problem . I was hoping that there is some diagnostics I can do to get confirmation of this. When connected to a windows machine, both drives come up under Mass Storage Mode, but it says to insert disk into drive for the external SD card slot drive letter.
I didn't see my card through USB. The card is working perfectly (as we speak) in my old 6120c, also I tried other cards in the N900 which also didn't show up.

Strange...

Last edited by Mandibela; 2011-01-12 at 17:13.

I got a 'new phone'. No retail box, just a 'new' device, with a different IMEI...

It seems I got my old battery and back cover back. Which is kinda sad, as the back cover is missing a the flat spring keeping the stand up.

The memory card is naturally functioning as it should.