Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by conny View Post
The text handling was already implemented on Maemo4 and unfortunately it turned out that the way we handle text is not compatible with the autocompletion feature of Maemo5. I looked at it, but there is no easy way to fix that. Sorry :/
Eh, no worries. I find Maemo 5 autocomplete to be less than absolutely stellar anyways, probably only a 5-10 percent bump in typing speed. Thanks for looking and happy holidays.

The Following User Says Thank You to travik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clownzee View Post
is there anyway to sync Conboy notes with Android or perhaps Google docs?
Would love to know this as well. I have tried to do this but they seem to have very different and incompatible file types. If you just upload your note directly it will just come up as a document containing all sorts of coding in it (like if you open a Tomboy note with Word Pad).

If you copy and paste to google docs or Word then you lose your formatting. And my formatting is very important to me.

I just spent the afternoon getting about 80 of my notes into google docs in a manner which preserves my formatting. Very slow and painful process. And still have over a 100 to go but have parked these for now cause just do not have the strength to do that anytime soon. Hopefully someone will find a solution.

Anyway how I got them into google docs with formatting preserved was I synced with ubuntu. Then I had to go into each doc and copy and paste the text of the notes into google docs as new documents. Could not find any other way to get my docs there with formatting preserved.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
is there anyway to sync Conboy notes with Android or perhaps Google docs?
I never used Google Docs, so I don't know. For Android, have a look at Tomdroid.

Originally Posted by conny View Post
I never used Google Docs, so I don't know. For Android, have a look at Tomdroid.
oh ok! im jus thinking of a fuss free way to port my notes over to my new phone that runs on Android. So you guys think i should use Tomdroid for that then? Is there like a sync function??

oh ok! im jus thinking of a fuss free way to port my notes over to my new phone that runs on Android. So you guys think i should use Tomdroid for that then? Is there like a sync function??
Well, I never used Tomdroid, but it's supposed to sync with Tomboy-Online / Ubuntu One / Snowy. So simply sync Conboy to one of those services and then sync Tomdroid and everything should be fine

I'm having trouble with syncing conboy with ubuntu one. I have a note stored there that was created in tomboy on my computer, but conboy won't download it. Notes created on conboy are synced perfectly.

Any ideas?

Ok, I managed to solve the problem by updating the note from my computer and then syncing. That bumped the latest-sync-revision property of the note from 0 to 1, making conboy notice it.

To me that seems like a bug in conboy: It should not ignore notes it hasn't seen, even if the latest-sync-revision property is 0.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Greenbelt
Syncing with Ubuntu One works like a charm for me. As the lazy person, I am I wish I the N900 could sync automatically, so I wouldn't need to remember to push the sync button after every change.

To reduce costs would be nice to have options like this:
- Wifi: automatically sync every xx minutes (zero for never).
- GPRS: automatically sync every xx minutes. (zero for never)
-- [x] Don't sync via GPRS when in Roaming
If the options are there already, maybe somebody can point me in the proper direction?

After some research I found related
Code:
Bug 10943 - Provide a possibility to synchronize via CLI command
that is more than 6 month old. Any news?

Last edited by greenbelt; 2011-01-24 at 22:02. Reason: beautified and mentioning a related bug

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
two questions popped into my mind re conboy sync:
* why doesnt conboy sync button press bring up the connection selection dialog automatically?
* is it possible on maemo to automatically load wifi kernel module before whenever connection selection dialog is shown + unload kernel module when connection is dropped/disconnected?

Originally Posted by greenbelt View Post
Syncing with Ubuntu One works like a charm for me. As the lazy person, I am I wish I the N900 could sync automatically, so I wouldn't need to remember to push the sync button after every change.
Yes, that would be nice. I've not implemented it right away, because I wasn't sure if the sync code is stable enough yet. Currently it looks like still some people have troubles from time to time, but it could be added as an option of course.

Originally Posted by greenbelt View Post
To reduce costs would be nice to have options like this:

If the options are there already, maybe somebody can point me in the proper direction?

After some research I found related
Code:
Bug 10943 - Provide a possibility to synchronize via CLI command
that is more than 6 month old. Any news?
These options would make sense and it is possible to ask the system about those and in application code react accordingly. We "only" need someone to implement that. Also I'd welcome CLI sync as well.

Unfortunately I'm quite busy with non-Conboy stuff, so I doubt I can do it anytime soon. Of course if someone here wants to help out and send patches I'll integrate them.

Tags
conboy, grauphel