Active Topics

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
... what kind of great stuff have you guys got in the works? I dove out of the tablet game during the entire lifecycle of the N800 as I wasn't ready to shell out another $400, but the N810 has me excited again. I wanna hear about the potential new toys you guys have got in mind!

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
I am working on a program in pyGtk that will connect to the wii remote using bluetooth and display the acceleration values as a graph. It can be later plotted in excel and with some manipulation, see the acceleration of your vehicle.
http://pyaxelwii.garage.maemo.org/

I havent got around to doing the spreadsheet stuff yet, so basically you can wave around your wiimote and see the graph

I would like to make a app that changes the touch screen behaviour so that
the right side of the screen acts as a trackball and the left of the screen acts as a button.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I would like to see the N810 react to the location you are.
Just an example of a simple application for it: you're near a WiFi hotspot -> connect to it and do whatever I've told you to do when connected.

I think that with GPS simply on but NOT logging everytime to drive you somewhere, will not die your battery. BUT you can poll it at regular times and see where are you.
According to the position you (the User) are in and the locations you (the User) have defined, just do (you N8xx) whatever I've told you to do (alarm me, send an-email, connect to a WiFi hotpost and so on..)

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
I am not a developer as such, but I do wish to provide useful valid feedback, ideas and support to ever emerging applications on the Internet Tablet that I find useful.

I have spent time providing feedback on Canola, MicroB, Media Streamer, MPlayer, Maemo Mapper as examples.

I would personally like to see a GUI for Hamachi provided for the IT's, I have attempted to understand how to port for example hampy The idea here was/is to allow users of IT easy and safe access to home computer networks via Secure VPN without the need to open ports through Firewalls etc.

I recently installed UBuntu and the "Maemo SDK 4 Beta" on my Laptop called Chinook in order to begin to understand and learn how to port applications onto the IT's for Myself (I may never get there, but in trying things out I am educating myself in areas I would not have considered prior to buying the Nokia 770)

Most of all I like to remain positive about the development of The Nokia IT's whenever I have the time as I am very sure sure it's our interest with an ever increasing user base that is driving Nokia to keep developing the platform at pace.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
I am not a developer as such, but I do wish to provide useful valid feedback, ideas and support to ever emerging applications on the Internet Tablet that I find useful.

I have spent time providing feedback on Canola, MicroB, Media Streamer, MPlayer, Maemo Mapper as examples.

I would personally like to see a GUI for Hamachi provided for the IT's, I have attempted to understand how to port for example hampy The idea here was/is to allow users of IT easy and safe access to home computer networks via Secure VPN without the need to open ports through Firewalls etc.

I recently installed UBuntu and the "Maemo SDK 4 Beta" on my Laptop called Chinook in order to begin to understand and learn how to port applications onto the IT's for Myself (I may never get there, but in trying things out I am educating myself in areas I would not have considered prior to buying the Nokia 770)

Most of all I like to remain positive about the development of The Nokia IT's whenever I have the time as I am very sure sure it's our interest with an ever increasing user base that is driving Nokia to keep developing the platform at pace.
Hamachi is closed-source. Don't rely on closed-source programs and you'll find your problems much easier to fix.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Expect KDE 3.5.8 in the near future built for 2008OS

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Is it possible that the N810 has an accelerometer like the N95 and we don't know it yet? If so, it would be very cool to have a button-less navigation feature. Combine that with a touch screen, and the limits are no more.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Hamachi is closed-source. Don't rely on closed-source programs and you'll find your problems much easier to fix.
As I said I am learning all the time I am willing and ready to be educated on an open source alternative to Hamachi that runs on all platforms including Linux

OpenVPN and Tinc are already available for OS2006 and 2007.