Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi everybody, I'll say how I did to make another shortcut to frogatto that will work without having to replace the original:

1)Have rootsh and leafpad installed;
2)Open xterm, type root and enter;
3)Type cd /usr/share/applications/hildon/ and enter;
3)Type cp frogatto.desktop frogattonc.desktop and enter;
3)Type leafpad frogattonc.desktop and enter;
4)You will see:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Frogatto
Exec=/usr/games/frogatto --compiled --fullscreen
Icon=frogatto
X-Osso-Service=com.frogatto.game
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
StartupWMClass=frogatto
Terminal=false

5)Changenthe above to:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Frogattonc
Exec=/usr/games/frogatto --no-compiled --fullscreen
Icon=frogatto
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
StartupWMClass=frogatto
Terminal=false

6)Save and then you will have another option in your shortcuts called "frogattonc".

I believe this should be enough. I did this "tutorial" because it took some time to have another working shortcut with the --no-compiled working as well.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by Temporal; 2010-12-27 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Moldova
my saves dont working, old saves and new saves...
wtf, at the time save dont working and the game is grashing...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Moldova
and
/usr/games/frogatto --no-compiled --fullscreen
too crashing... after update.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by AndyTitan View Post
my saves dont working, old saves and new saves...
wtf, at the time save dont working and the game is grashing...
Can you try removing the version field from your Frogatto savegame, like:
Code:
sed -i "/version=/d" ~/.frogatto/save.cfg
That should make it reload the level tiles from the game data instead of from the savegame.
With the 1.0.3+svn4066 version, running with --compiled should work again.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
And so another great polished game falls victim to open source tweak hackery to get it working.
That is nice for some games and projects for those who like messing around with it, but for Frogatto a major fan killer in my opinion.
I am growing tired of these endless work arounds because someone or something messes it up. And then doesn't properly fix it!
Really hope a proper update comes soon so that we can play Frogatto as intended with our old save game.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I just noticed a Frogatto & Friends update.

It's a little under 140Mb in size, should I update? My Frogatto is running just fine with no troubles of any kind.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I just noticed a Frogatto & Friends update.

It's a little under 140Mb in size, should I update? My Frogatto is running just fine with no troubles of any kind.
It's just a development snapshot, no need to upgrade if you have no problems. The update is so big only because a song was added to the music package, so I had to update that.
It should finally fix the savegame problems, so who had troubles there could give it a try.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Hey, any chance of moving the data (songs, music, etc...) to MyDocs? I have done it myself with a symlink but I think it makes sense for other people as well... (personally I am REALLY out of space in opt)

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
It's just a development snapshot, no need to upgrade if you have no problems. The update is so big only because a song was added to the music package, so I had to update that.
It should finally fix the savegame problems, so who had troubles there could give it a try.
So bro, can you tell me how to remove this game AND the additional files off my device please? I've uninstalled the what I think to be the main game application (3mb) with FAPMan but it hasn't removed these extra music files.

My opt is creaking a bit now thanks to this game.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
So bro, can you tell me how to remove this game AND the additional files off my device please? I've uninstalled the what I think to be the main game application (3mb) with FAPMan but it hasn't removed these extra music files.

My opt is creaking a bit now thanks to this game.
If you check out http://maemo.org/packages/view/frogatto/, you'll see that the game consists of four packages besides the frogatto metapackage: frogatto-data, frogatto-engine, frogatto-music and frogatto-sounds. It's FAPMan's job to remove all of those when frogatto is removed, so this might be a bug in the package manager.

With root privileges, you can remove all of them from the terminal using apt-get autoremove, or, if that doesn't work, apt-get remove frogatto*

The Following User Says Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post: