Notices

Hay all. I dont know about anyone else but one downside to the N900 is the way you answer calls.

U get a call, get the phone out of you pocket, sometimes doesnt light up, have to the unlock it manually, then its landsacpe mode, then u check hows calling you. And by then the person calling you has given up.

Is there an app were no matter the phone is it will light up whos calling and you can answer the call by sliding a bar and it will always stay in portrait mode like the i-phone or android?

Thanks
Paul

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a98pmalcolm# For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
phone app>turning control>Display Orientation-Vertical

no idea about the other problems though

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
agreed, Slide to answer would be great, i sometimes get a different problem that i answer without actually wanting to, because a simple pad in my pocket or when i am taking it out of my pocket on the "answer" button it answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Weedalot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Also the phone app should stay in memory and get priority over MicroB (and anything else). Whenever I load a page and CPU load is 100%, answering a call is impossible. There should be an option for any key to answer at least (volume rocker, camera key, etc.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
The problem with an app of tihs kind is that the telephony side of the N900's software is closed source, which means integrating code into it in the form of an open source app will be improbable, if not impossible, even though I hate that word.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Write it down not to forget to have something-like-this implemented in Cordia.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56822
I hope it is possible?

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
The problem with an app of tihs kind is that the telephony side of the N900's software is closed source, which means integrating code into it in the form of an open source app will be improbable, if not impossible, even though I hate that word.....
Maybe something Nokia would have to do as an update?

The Following User Says Thank You to a98pmalcolm# For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by a98pmalcolm# View Post
Maybe something Nokia would have to do as an update?
Hate to burst your bubble, but Nokia-provided enhancements for Maemo 5 are highly unlikely.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Also the phone app should stay in memory and get priority over MicroB (and anything else). Whenever I load a page and CPU load is 100%, answering a call is impossible. There should be an option for any key to answer at least (volume rocker, camera key, etc.)
You can use shortcutd to run a dbus command to answer a call on short/long press of the camera key.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Also the phone app should stay in memory and get priority over MicroB (and anything else).
This is also what I've seen as a major gripe. If the phone has cellular connectivity, it should also trigger to keep phone app over anything else. I actually haven't checked what priority level the app is run on by default; if it isn't run at nice level -15 it would be simple to rename the app, create a shell script with the original name, and then have the script turn CPU to max and run the app at -15.

But how to reserve a set amount of RAM that gets only used by the phone app, that I do not know.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:

Tags
e.t phone home