Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
I would recommend Google Nexus One or Nexus S over Desire Z and Nokia N900 because Nexus is from Google and such should get better Android support. Also Nexus has bigger screen Nexus S 4" inches.
Nexus S is amazing. Very easily rooted, easy to develop for, and it functions as a phone AND an internet tablet!!! (something the N900 struggles with)

It's blazing fast, and since it's Google's "official" phone, it runs virgin Android (w/o OEM crap installed)

True, there is a lot of 'crapware' in the Android store, but there are also a lot of quality applications that replicate a lot of the N900 features I grew attached to, plus a lot more!

Oh another selling point:
Remember Nexus One that was available around the time of the N900? Yea.. it's still receiving the latest Android updates (officially), and most-likely will continue to until the hardware can no longer run it. The best that Nokia can do is offer "unofficial" for a half-baked OS that is still a loooong ways off from being usable.

Last edited by craftyguy; 2011-01-27 at 18:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Nope. Sell it. I dont do the convincing thing anymore. Either you want it or you don't. If you keep it - more power to you. If not - see ya - stop cluttering up the boards with yet another "Please help me make up my mind because I have no backbone and want someone else to make my decisions" post.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Nope. Sell it. I dont do the convincing thing anymore. Either you want it or you don't. If you keep it - more power to you. If not - see ya - stop cluttering up the boards with yet another "Please help me make up my mind because I have no backbone and want someone else to make my decisions" post.
I am so sorry for cluttering up the boards, I sincerely hope I can find some way to amend for my misdeeds. Is there anything I can do, oh powerful and impressive poster, to right the wrong that I have caused you, for I am crushed and utterly destroyed.

Seriously, you see what the title is, don't read it. It's one less click during your day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
I am so sorry for cluttering up the boards, I sincerely hope I can find some way to amend for my misdeeds. Is there anything I can do, oh powerful and impressive poster, to right the wrong that I have caused you, for I am crushed and utterly destroyed.

Seriously, you see what the title is, don't read it. It's one less click during your day.
Haha! Nice one.

Did you keep it or sell it in the end?

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Did you keep it or sell it in the end?
Yeh i wanna know too! I've been in the same frame of mind with the n900 myself and ended up getting a htc desire after weeks of gettin really excited about owning a phone that works! A phone that will have an alarm that does go off and will let me know when i recieve a text, last more than half a day and not require hundreds of developers risking there free time to put right what nokia didn't? A phone that won't crash and have apps that do what they are supposed to!! Well i'm back using the old girl now and i love it even more having tasted the awkwardness and long winded ways of suckdroid. Anybody thinking about gettin rid here i can relate to but don't get rid untill you you are happy with your new device. I gave the htc 2 weeks n give it the elbow. Just glad i kept the n900. I could go on about my whole experience but to brake it down, android is apps and games and no memory to store em on, n900 is everything the android isn't. The only impressive thing about these google phones is the constant support and obviously the huge amount of people involved in theyre development but who better to develop devices like these than us! This forum says it all for me, come here, explain your problem, within a day or two its fixed. Unless apple or android makes a phone that sucks your balls i'm staying here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Well, that last message was the beginning of spring, and here we are near the end of summer, 5 months later. Been thinking about it myself, but Nate's mssage above is compelling! Still, with all the new hardware that's come out since then, and Google's new one coming out between halloween and thanksgiving--complete with quad cores, amoled(?), and the latest graphics (with still closed drivers) and that flash support--and, oh, the stillbirth of the N950 (and Meego and Harmattan, too?!?), the obvious question is when the towel gets thrown in. Oh, and don't forget the immenent demise of T-Mobile USA and possible loss of the HSPA network the N900 relies on here--though I guess it just goes back to being an internet tablet like N7xx and N8xx series. (TMO recently tried to sell me an access point--complete with contract, of course. I said I'd think about it. This was just before the cannibalization announcement.J

Anyway, while the company sucks, Verizon's network definely seems the best, especially here in Phoenix where the FCC "wisely" let them keep all of Alltel's spectrum so they have both A and B sides of the 800 MHz band. The Galaxy series runs on it, as well as the upcoming Google phone, I think. If I wanted to switch, that would be the time, it seems.

I guess the point here is that the N900's hardware is startng to look a bit dated now, and I get envious of those larger, frequently amoled screens. OTOH, I'm acutely aware of all the bad security press android has been getting lately--not that I would access my bank account with my N900, either, unless I could get noscript and friends working in microB.

Sorry if this is ridiculous ranting, but its almost 3am and this has been on my mind for a while now.

Posted from bed on my N900...

Originally Posted by storkus View Post
Well, that last message was the beginning of spring, and here we are near the end of summer, 5 months later. Been thinking about it myself, but Nate's mssage above is compelling! Still, with all the new hardware that's come out since then, and Google's new one coming out between halloween and thanksgiving--complete with quad cores, amoled(?), and the latest graphics (with still closed drivers) and that flash support--and, oh, the stillbirth of the N950 (and Meego and Harmattan, too?!?), the obvious question is when the towel gets thrown in. Oh, and don't forget the immenent demise of T-Mobile USA and possible loss of the HSPA network the N900 relies on here--though I guess it just goes back to being an internet tablet like N7xx and N8xx series. (TMO recently tried to sell me an access point--complete with contract, of course. I said I'd think about it. This was just before the cannibalization announcement.J

Anyway, while the company sucks, Verizon's network definely seems the best, especially here in Phoenix where the FCC "wisely" let them keep all of Alltel's spectrum so they have both A and B sides of the 800 MHz band. The Galaxy series runs on it, as well as the upcoming Google phone, I think. If I wanted to switch, that would be the time, it seems.

I guess the point here is that the N900's hardware is startng to look a bit dated now, and I get envious of those larger, frequently amoled screens. OTOH, I'm acutely aware of all the bad security press android has been getting lately--not that I would access my bank account with my N900, either, unless I could get noscript and friends working in microB.

Sorry if this is ridiculous ranting, but its almost 3am and this has been on my mind for a while now.

Posted from bed on my N900...
Interesting however I believe Nate's points still stand.

Oh and noscript already works.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Sell your battery to trisha02 for 300$ buy one spare for 20$ and use 280$ to buy an Android phone.
You'll stay with the best microPC and you could use a more user friendly smartphone for everyday use

Last edited by djdas; 2011-08-25 at 07:52. Reason: Fix typos

Originally Posted by djdas View Post
Sell your battery to trisha02 for 300$ by one spare for 20$ and use 280$ to by an Android phone.
You'll stay with the best microPC and you could use a more user friendly smartphone for everyday use
Haha @ trisha02.

She is a bit of a nutjob.

Tags
compare-choose, keep it, sell it, taggggg