Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Thanks for a good program but i also agree with Rafiyr.

There arent enough space in the window to allow for enough buttons for powerusers.
Either tabs or a much larger and scrollable screen (Like the desktop) would be very nice (Or both )

Also i have another question, would it be possible to add eventrelated IR transmissions? For instance when qtirreco is running and the phone rings it would be very convenient to add a userconfigured command to mute the sound from the stereo.

Personally most of the stuff in my home are controlled by IR, stereo,tv,lights,windows and much more.
And just like Rafiyr, i also have a lot of IR equipment on my workplace. (Barcoprojectors, mediaplayers, smokemachines, lasers and such stuff) which brings up another question...

Could someone please make a tutorial on how to convert files from other remoteprograms like for instance http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/
And also how to configure a script for all-in-one RF/IR-reciever-IC's like for instance Holtek HT12 / PT2272 to qtirreco.
http://search.datasheetcatalog.net/k...ONTROL+DECODER
... I guess with these two tutorials amost every imaginable IR-device would easy be added to qtirreco and then with a cheap IR to RF converter then a lot of RF based equipment would also be controlled by qtirreco...
Hi electroaudio. The idea of muting the tv when a call comes in sounds great in theory but will probably not work well in practice since the IR port on the n900 needs direct line of sight and since it's fairly weak would be even worse than the tv remote itself.
I often avoid IR when it comes to automation since it's not very reliable I only wish that TV manufacturers ditch IR for Bluetooth or something similar but less power hungry. The only reliable IR signal that works from a good distance is the power button on the tv.
I currently use my ps3 (with play tv) with my n900 since I can use my n900 to turn on my ps3 wih bluemaemo to control it flawlessly. anyway, to answer your question about the tutorial, you need to use a pronto hex converter to use those codes. here is the program that will convert them for you for use with qtirreco

http://www.lirc.org/html/pronto2lirc.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks Cue!
That converterprogram will be well used.

I wouldnt thrust IR either if there was something i wanted to rely upon, but for normal supervised usage it is just fine.
And if qtirecco will mute the stereo with 90% errormargin, then it is a big bonus rather than a 10% failure
But at home, where that function would be useful, i use the n900 (+qtirecco) standing on the table just a meter from the IR-reciever so it is quite reliable.

Unfourtunately, my fingers arent as reliable to hit the right button since i have crammed way too many buttons into that tiny screenspace
To somehow extend the screenspace would be the biggest and most useful improvement of irreco i can think of...
Especially now with that converterprogram now i can finally control the TVs in all the pizzerias, pubs, and restaurants i visit

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
hello all, this being my first post and a new user, please pardon the noobness.

I just wanted to know 2 things:
1)is there any alternate app to the qtirreco
2)is is possible for the qtirreco or any other to have a ir programming function.

thanks

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Ive never had a tv that a ready made remote existed for, so Ive never beeb able to use Irreco. Until now. Got a big Panasonic plasma, and apart from the limited range it works great.

Like the way the power to the FM transmitter has been increased, is there any way to increase the range of the IR transmitter?

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Especially now with that converterprogram now i can finally control the TVs in all the pizzerias, pubs, and restaurants i visit
rofl

Hi all, Just a quick question. Is it possible to submit remotes to QtIrreco's database?

The Following User Says Thank You to fasza2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by fasza2 View Post
rofl

Hi all, Just a quick question. Is it possible to submit remotes to QtIrreco's database?
It has an "upload to DB" menu choice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It has an "upload to DB" menu choice.
I think this is a little different and a source of confusion.
I think the "upload to DB" is for qtirreco, button layouts, etc. The actual remote database is hosted here

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/

you can also contact
lirc@bartelmus.de

with your added remote. More info about adding to the LIRC database is here too

http://www.lirc.org/html/help.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Like the way the power to the FM transmitter has been increased, is there any way to increase the range of the IR transmitter?
Dont know if there is a way to increase the transmitter, but there are ways to increase the reciever, just google "IR-Repeater".

However, i think the N900 is stronger than both my HK and sony remotes but also much more directional than those, so be sure that you are pointing the IR-beam into the reciever and not somewhere else.
http://www.schorsch.com/en/kbase/glo...eam-angle.html

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ The Northpole
I tried it but the usual happened.
My topfield 650pvr (eu) aint covered. Sure looks nice though. Glad it works for some at least. I had a great remote on my palm III back in 1998(!). Powered everything from 4 meters and had create & resize button option just by drawing and learned like universals by pointing them at each other. Too bad Qtirreco can be used by some and not all. Maybe when meego starts up thereŽll be the same app.
.. or do I owe someone an apology for not x-term(ing) or reflecting digicameras and such? If only there was more time...

The Following User Says Thank You to bills2north For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Hey guys just downloaded this and trying to get my Foxtel to work with it, but it seems it doesnt work, is their a command or somthing that enables the ir receiver? or is turned on automatically?

Tags
irreco, qtirreco