Closed Thread
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hmmm... looks like i cannot patch the desaturize patch without replacing the hildon-desktop update by the SSU...

I really liked the desature option instead of blur

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you also notice the valuable piece of information http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=90 to get rid of autoremove of vital packages?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
yup. I posted the screenshots wondering what they were

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Those SSU does this also include updates of Qt and qt-components/meego integration in Maemo5?

or is it "only" bugfixes to core apps?

Just curious

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Alastor89 View Post
I haven't the preference file in my etc/apt folder :S
Why are you bothered? This file is just for installing or updating packages in an unusual way to overcome dependencies of meta packages.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Thank you for the reply... Excuse me, i'm a bit noob ^^"...

However I solved the problem by apt get -r upgrade.. ^^

Thank you for your help.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
i still cant get this installed when i try to it says that i need to connect this to pc suite via pc and then run the application. plz help guyz

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Greece
It's nice to see the community one-uping Nokia in support, thanks a lot guys. I wil be trying this in a couple of weeks, as I need a stable-as-can-be phone right now. I'm not a power, or even very experienced, user, but I'll try to test this. Also, I could take up tranlating whatever you need for a greek version of the update.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Originally Posted by saud khan View Post
i still cant get this installed when i try to it says that i need to connect this to pc suite via pc and then run the application. plz help guyz
First unistall all hildon patch... Then try to unpin package and upgrade by xterminal whit : apt-get -f upgrade.

If this doesn't works reinstall PR 1.3 firmware by ovi suite and then you will be able to do the community update.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
how do i unpin packages? sorry im still learning linux and maemo.

thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade