Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Not everyone likes only getting desaturation. Please don't just think about your preferences when suggestion features for something that will be system-wide and is attached to packages useful for almost all users. (Whenever I try to suggest a feature request, I also attempt to express how it should be made a user-changeable settings option.)

What would be nice is if someone made Hildon Desktop not disable desaturation even if you disabled blurring. Then you could change what you wanted in the transitions.ini file, or with whatever app edited transitions.ini for you, including completely disabling blur but keeping desaturation. (As is, you could probably lower blur to almost nothing, without completely disabling it, allowing a slightly blurred-but-not-horribly-so effect.)
erm... well, didn't mean to sound selfish or anything but I thought like he could just provide a patch or something for JUST those who are interested right? I mean, if those who don't like it can choose not to download the patch? Also probably maybe provide it as an option like in the 'display' category in settings?

that's all. I like how you suggested a way to toggle blur to almost nothing meaning that I can adjust it to how i like it... whether it be saturation or blur

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
I just used apt-get upgrade. working fine, not asking for Suite.

Edit:
Did not work.
Do you need Nokia PC Suite to install this? This is not good.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=49

is there a changelog for these updates?

i will say modest seems to be flying relative to how fast it normally runs!

does this mean we will see proper imap-idle one of these days?

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2011-01-31 at 08:42.

also of note, this seems to have broken my SMTP, i now get error 'unable to connect to SMTP server', dont know where to go to troubleshoot. ive tried changing from ssl to no security and it still doesnt work. can someone walk me thru reinstalling old modest via terminal?

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
the solution to 2 is in the thread but not sure about the shotcut problem.
Is there a solution to the bookmark problem yet as I can't see any mention of it in this thread?

Not a show stopper but if there is a "fix" I would like to try it.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Is there a solution to the bookmark problem yet as I can't see any mention of it in this thread?

Not a show stopper but if there is a "fix" I would like to try it.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11829#c1

there is a fix described, but i don't know how to change the hd-bookmark-shortcut file

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
is there a changelog for these updates?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Attachment 17341

I realised after installing this update from the CSSU, and after fixing a few things i.e. FAM, uninstalling desaturize desktop (SOB SOB SOB), and having needed to reinstall certain things that were automatically removed by autoremover (glad that it could resolve), suddenly, I realised there were many apps that were 'kept back' and not upgraded...

how to work around this or is it not important?
Most of that's the qtmobility stuff - doing an apt-get install on one of those will probably bring all of them in. The new libsdl-mixer1.2 has been floating around for a long time - I've left it uninstalled for now, as I'm not happy that it's actually a working new version.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Most of that's the qtmobility stuff - doing an apt-get install on one of those will probably bring all of them in. The new libsdl-mixer1.2 has been floating around for a long time - I've left it uninstalled for now, as I'm not happy that it's actually a working new version.
this worked. thanks

ok... it has been installed for a while now, needed to just fix a few things i.e. FAM, and the autoremover... no desktop shortcut problems, shortcutkey problems, browser issues that were brought up.

everything is now A-OK

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade