Active Topics

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
a 5" screen is still 5" and that can't be altered. What Acer is doing is to increase the thickness of the device with a corresponding reduction on the other dimensions.

So that would be your choice. One of the reasons that the Streak is wonderfully manageable and pocketable is on account of its thinness. Your opinion not withstanding.
I've manhandled the Streak.
I gotta say it's quite thin but the border/bezel around it is larger than average. When I put it in my pocket (jeans) it was definitely uncomfortable but it was bearable.
The thinness helps but the actual device is too large imho.

This is coming from a guy who used the N95 and the XDA II.
In fact the Streak felt exactly like the XDA II but a little larger and little lighter.

Have a look at the Acer, its 4.8" compared to 5" and the surrounding borders are not as big ... so it is smaller.

I'd have to end by re-iterating this:

Originally Posted by lma View Post
That looks exactly like the right size of screen (for media) - small enough to carry in a pocket, large enough (dimensions and resolution) to work comfortably.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Have a look at the Acer, its 4.8" compared to 5" and the surrounding borders are not as big ... so it is smaller.
Just noticed that the Acer screen's aspect ratio is 21:9, so direct comparison of the diagonal is misleading. The Dell (16:9) would be roughly 4.35"x2.45" while the Acer 4.41"x1.89", ie just a bit wider (in landscape orientation) but half an inch shorter.

To be honest I think this is too wide for me, I would prefer even 4:3 ratio for my uses (not media).

For those who don't have 550 dollars to spend. The EM51 makes a good option http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc29SaWfupc

That video is terrible!

Does it have an e-compass though?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Streak is becoming great now that it has 720p video recording and flash 10.1..........discuss........and we are stuck with nothing new on the N900....it`s starting to get boring.........

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-12-15 at 03:19.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
we are stuck with nothing new on the N900
http://www.nokian900applications.com...or-nokia-n900/ with 1.2 around the corner...

I just bought a streak recently.. and IMHO i love the n900 so much more.. but man it really sucks with the lack of application the n900 suffers from. I have both at the moment and will probably keep the streak for the future, since i hope to get in the app business. not to mention playstion suite... but man browsing on the n900 and muti tasking was so much better.

Last edited by Hmoobwarrior; 2011-02-02 at 00:35.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Picked up my Streak last month after a friend returned from the USA and picked up a unlocked one.

Funny I have a SGS too yes the screen is better on the SGS really thats about it!
I love the 5" streak screen and think it's just right for youtubeing, games and web browsing and still small enough to fit in my jacket pocket without getting in the way.
I dont think any phone/tablet should go over this size if they want to be 'mobile' too.

Very happy! but sad that my n900 is no longer getting used as it should... but then it could have been everything the streak is. Damn you Nokia.

Last edited by God's Toy; 2011-02-06 at 13:34.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
That video is terrible!

Does it have an e-compass though?
LATER EDIT: You may have been talking about the video on this page and not the one at the start of the thread like I first assumed... my bad... anyhoo.

For for dell:
Yep is does have a compass, GPS and Market access too, something some other 'tablets' dont have.

I think that vid was shot with 1.6 and it look/runs much better on 2.2 now. EDIT: Dell stage is just nasty but can be disabled and replaced

Funny that games play better on it, E.G. Angry Birds has no stuttering or slow down unlike my SGS with it's 'lag fix'
Over all it feels faster than my SGS (and the Wifes too)

Last edited by God's Toy; 2011-02-06 at 15:47.

Tags
competition, dell, fresh-air, i has it ;), just shoot me, no keyboard, no linux, notnokia, wotnokia?