Closed Thread
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
hi guys,

there are updates for cssu available?
where do i get these update?

cheers

Why are none of the developers responding to the queries regarding the updates?

It seems a simple and reasonable question?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
hi guys,

there are updates for cssu available?
where do i get these update?

cheers
Erm, if you have the repos for the cssu, just open either HAM or FAM (also need to add the repo for FAM manually) and click update or upgrade applications.

The latest updates will appear, just select it and you're good to go

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Anybody know how to reinstall modest to older,working version without reflashing?

I have tryed apt-get install --reinstall modest with CSSU disabled but it doesn't work.
Any workaround someone?
The update was for testers not whiners. Nevertheless, here you go: First get the versions modest is available at all
Code:
apt-cache policy modest
Then gain the appropriate rights of root and deinstall the package in the version you want Read carefully through the list of removed packages
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install modest=3.4.8+0m5
At this point you at least have to let the metapackage go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
The update was for testers not whiners. Nevertheless, here you go: First get the versions modest is available at all
Code:
apt-cache policy modest
Then gain the appropriate rights of root and deinstall the package in the version you want Read carefully through the list of removed packages
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install modest=3.4.8+0m5
At this point you at least have to let the metapackage go.
How is the poster whining it seems a reasonable request for somebody who is happy to be a tester?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Erm, if you have the repos for the cssu, just open either HAM or FAM (also need to add the repo for FAM manually) and click update or upgrade applications.

The latest updates will appear, just select it and you're good to go
I seem to have the CSSU repo enabled but I have never add any updates even though I have manually checked. I assume this must be the case with the other posters on this thread. All a bit odd after having issues downloading the original CSSU update??

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hmmm... that's strange... can you apt-get update? apt-get upgrade?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
How is the poster whining it seems a reasonable request for somebody who is happy to be a tester?
I disagree with you, sorry.
This may sound harsh, but there is a learning curve in linux, it is steep, it takes time and the will to read, read, read and understand that most of those questions might be asked before, so scroogle it, now.

Devs are for developing, not for spoon-feeding those, who can follow a written Howto, but do not know what to correct, if they end at a point, they did not want to go to.
Testers are for testing, not the installation on your phone, that is something, apt-get does far better than humans, but to evaluate the changes one package has done to your phone, raise the bug-reports, vote for bugs or try to find offending stuff and tweaks from earlier non-official/non-community changes we made to the phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
I disagree with you, sorry.
This may sound harsh, but there is a learning curve in linux, it is steep, it takes time and the will to read, read, read and understand that most of those questions might be asked before, so scroogle it, now.

Devs are for developing, not for spoon-feeding those, who can follow a written Howto, but do not know what to correct, if they end at a point, they did not want to go to.
Testers are for testing, not the installation on your phone, that is something, apt-get does far better than humans, but to evaluate the changes one package has done to your phone, raise the bug-reports, vote for bugs or try to find offending stuff and tweaks from earlier non-official/non-community changes we made to the phone.
This maybe your personal view but it does not seem to be how the forum as been run over the 12 months or so since I had the N900 where I have found other users are only to happy to assist other users with issues however minor.

I agree posters asking the same question over and over again in the same thread, such as this, is a pain but the OP here asked a question I cannot recall prevously being asked in this, or the other CSSU thread.

If you didn't want to waste your time answering the OP's question then just leave for a more helpful forum member.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
This maybe your personal view but it does not seem to be how the forum as been run over the 12 months or so since I had the N900 where I have found other users are only to happy to assist other users with issues however minor.
just remember that every reply to a question that could have been researched by the asker himself with a little bit of time and work is away from something useful, for example writing bug reports, testing patches, ....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade