Active Topics

Closed Thread
yes anyhow updating 1st page will be a good thing
AFAIK rolling out an update took more than a week, anybody correct me if I'm wrong ..

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
The first page is not updated because this isn't the official thread.

There is another with a [Council] tag. You want this thread. Available via search.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
The first page is not updated because this isn't the official thread.

There is another with a [Council] tag. You want this thread. Available via search.
The last post on that one states:-

Please continue discussion of this topic in the existing thread, "The in-development Maemo 5 Community SSU".

And CLOSED at the bottom!!

That thread was merged with this one, I ddid make that suggestion myself a day days back, hence why it jumped from 200 posts to over 400 posts overnight, it just wasn't a frenzy of posters asking the dreaded shortcut/web browser bookmark questions!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Do you have another version of modest pinned? Check /etc/apt/preferences.
I did install a modest update some time ago.
I'll try removing the pin there! Thanks for the idea!
EDIT: Thanks! It works!
woo

Last edited by LagunaCid; 2011-02-04 at 20:54.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Please state version numbers if you are seeing this weird behaviour. As far as I know, there has not been a new release of mp-fremantle-community-pr.

I would expect when we do there'll be a post in this thread.
maybe they weren't CSSU updates then. but i definately got an update the other day called 'Maemo Community Service Pack'

Maintainer is Atilla Csipa
Version 1.0-5
Installs all hotfixes not yet been made part of a firmaware update.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
maybe they weren't CSSU updates then. but i definately got an update the other day called 'Maemo Community Service Pack'
Right. I knew that would cause confusion, but was told it wouldn't because it was "only for developers".

mcsp is a Forum Nokia "community" effort (which is appreciated) to bundle and ship Qt fixes to improve the cross-platform support of Qt on Maemo.

It is not related to the CSSU, although might be included in it (#11825).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
The update was for testers not whiners.
Thanks for answer but I don't think your attitude will help in improving maemo if you will scare non-debian-guru testers.

I tried it, vote for bug and ask if there is a work around cause I need some functionality back.
I could not ask and reflash, but why?

Next time if it annoys you just don't reply please.

Anyway pointing exact version with apt-get works just fine and i can send attachments again.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Right. I knew that would cause confusion, but was told it wouldn't because it was "only for developers".
As it is, it is a dependency for mad-developer and not much else (qmlreddit ?). Plus, currently it is in the development section of extras-devel... If that doesn't make it clear that it's a developer thing, then nothing will IMHO. I enabled it as a user-installable package recently (I didn't want to, but there were requests and even plausible use-cases on irc that I cannot recall at 2AM).

Long story short: MCSP is is the collection of updates that are part of extras, and can be cleanly (un)applied to a stock PR1.3 install (whereas the CSSU replaces system components from the community repo).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I have 64 MiB free in root fs as reported through Conky. Still getting this error. I have 1.3.

Please help.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by sudipto View Post
I have 64 MiB free in root fs as reported through Conky. Still getting this error. I have 1.3.

Please help.
Please read the FAQ! It will teach you how to help yourself. No offence, but "still getting this error" doesn't give much information on how to help you anyway. Do you expect someone who is going to help you to wade back through the thread finding your posts to find out what "this error" is?!

Since so many seem so incapable, let me quote it for you:

Most of the reasons why the Maemo 5 Community SSU cannot be installed can be checked under the Problems tab when viewing the package in Application Manager.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade