Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
After last update it keeps opening the vkb even when the hkb is open. Very annoying.

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
theres a bug with vkb, nothing to do with this app..
in microb the vkb pops up when it shouldnt
really annoying!
What do you mean exactly?

After last update it keeps opening the vkb even when the hkb is open. Very annoying.
Same question: what do you mean exactly? where?

Donate link

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
for me even before i installed ur app, the vkb opens without you having to press in test field.. like i said, its nothing to do with this app..

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
What I noticed is that when you use vkb and you silde open de hkb the vkb doesn't disappear like it used to do

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
What I noticed is that when you use vkb and you silde open de hkb the vkb doesn't disappear like it used to do
Personally I think that's just fine. Yes, it's not default vkb behavior exactly, but it lets you edit what's in the VKB text box with the hkb if you really want to. You can still always click out of it, but this way if you type a massive paragraph of text, but have Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down mapped to the hardware keyboard, it can be a bit easier to quickly scroll to the right spot and change one or two characters.

*Shrug* I can see how it can annoy some people though - personally I don't mind either one, but making that a configurable-in-settings-option might be nice too.

Also, to everyone for whom your vkb OPENS when the hkb is open, that's very likely a hardware problem (it not detecting the keyboard is open/closed). Now, if it doesn't open with hkb open, but does STAY open when hkb is opened, then that's how this keyboard has always worked.

does this interfere with operas keyboard?also, any update on this mods battery consumption?

Ive noticed quite a bit of drain actually. ill get two graphs up to compare tomorrow

No, absolutely it doesn't interfere with opera keyboard...
About battery I didn't notice an average drain: it is possible due to accellerometer turn on when vkb is displayed, but this is correctly disable when you hide vkb.

Vkb doesn't hide when you open hw one, but like Mentalist said I prefer this way, an option to manage this could be added in future...

Also, to everyone for whom your vkb OPENS when the hkb is open, that's very likely a hardware problem (it not detecting the keyboard is open/closed). Now, if it doesn't open with hkb open, but does STAY open when hkb is opened, then that's how this keyboard has always worked.
I'm not sure but I think that you are right about hw problem. I can suggest to people with this problem to uninstall fastsmsevo and try if this problem exists also with standard vkb: fastsmsevo is based on standard input method and I didn't changed anything about this

Donate link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
Same question: what do you mean exactly? where?
Everywhere except conversations: xterm, microB, many other apps.
Sometimes it even pops up while already typing on the hwkb...
I uninstalled it now. I don't really need portrait anyway.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Everywhere except conversations: xterm, microB, many other apps.
Sometimes it even pops up while already typing on the hwkb...
I uninstalled it now. I don't really need portrait anyway.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I really dont think that this is caused by fastsmsevo, I never noticed a such strange behaviour.
If other people have the same problem please report it there...

Anyway, if you want, you can send logs file placed in /opt/fastsms/data

Donate link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid