Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
Hello there, to all of you...

Firstly, I like what the Maemo Council and MohammadAG are doing and please recieve my gratitude for everything.

Secondly, I know that not everything comes for free (free ride services) and although this is a linux-maemo comunity and there are people that enjoy coding and developing Maemo 5 and its services I believe there should be a donation paypal button either for
MohammadAG and the Maemo Council (individually) or a common donation button with amounts of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 Eur (or $) so if anyone cares and hopes for better SSU updates should, if he or she believes and affords, hit that donation button.
I, for example, would like to contribute to this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gorgezilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
is there allready anything fixed that was broken before the start of CSSU or are you guys only causing problems that you need to fix.

the stuff you guys messed up was far more important to use then a small bug in the terminal wich 99% of the users didn't even mention.

start fixing stuff that matters please! like the media player button, the virtual keyboard wich messes up text. An option where when a bluetooth enabled headset is attached the n900 will automatic choose gprs instead of wifi would be great too.

And for god sake update the change log please! or atleast put the changes in the info part of the installation menu so that we can actually see what has been changed and test was you guys improved.
You are under no obligation to use CSSU. Learn how how to give feedback in a civilized manner. File a bug report.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to poleepkwa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by sansar95 View Post
I tried to make changes to the transtition file and opened it for editing using FILEBOX
But during saving change it is saying its an READ ONLY file

Please help.

Thanks in advance
root

leafpad /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transition.ini

enable root access in filebox under options.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
is there allready anything fixed that was broken before the start of CSSU or are you guys only causing problems that you need to fix.

the stuff you guys messed up was far more important to use then a small bug in the terminal wich 99% of the users didn't even mention.

start fixing stuff that matters please! like the media player button, the virtual keyboard wich messes up text. An option where when a bluetooth enabled headset is attached the n900 will automatic choose gprs instead of wifi would be great too.

And for god sake update the change log please! or atleast put the changes in the info part of the installation menu so that we can actually see what has been changed and test was you guys improved.
Write a patch? Also, itīs in the testing stage. Donīt use it if you canīt handle it please.

hmmm

noticed that if in [home] in transitions.ini

radius and radius_more must be set to more than 0 in order for saturate = 0 to work

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Please keep in mind this is just the beginning, some work has to
be done to make the cssu process working at all.
99% of the users shouldn't install this CSSU, now. If you are afraid
things can break, don't use extras-devel stuff. Just wait.
start fixing stuff that matters please! like the media player button, the virtual keyboard wich messes up text.
The CSSU can not fix bugs in nokias closed source components.
Not at least they are rewritten from scratch, which may take much
time.
Feel free to test my media-player-widget from extras-devel. Give
feedback about what is working and what not or any
feature requests.
Keep in mind the developers do all this in their spare free time.

Nicolai

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
modest now sends attachments!

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
modest now sends attachments!
Modest always sent them, now your MUA can see them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
edit: now my mail app can see it!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade