I seriously suspect the shape Meego is in now. It seems that only North America company is good to develop large software project.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
If Nokia turns to Microsoft, I personally turn away from Nokia just because of that. Winner would be some open source solution.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pyykkhe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
good read and if you take his points on board seems like he might be correct

Mobile author, ex-Nokia exec @tomiahonen thinks Engadget 'Burning Platforms' memo by Nokia CEO Stephen Elop is hoax http://bit.ly/gU2Xed via @MikeMacias on twitter
Looks like these US based bloggers/analysts have no other better work these days. They need to get a life!

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
Looks like these US based bloggers/analysts have no other better work these days. They need to get a life!
like NOMOS as writ above thenokiablog claims the thing is from an internal blkog and parts are real but some been altered then made its way on the net.
add that to what Tomi is saying and you get a picture of the stuff added or altered after it was leaked.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
good read and if you take his points on board seems like he might be correct

Mobile author, ex-Nokia exec @tomiahonen thinks Engadget 'Burning Platforms' memo by Nokia CEO Stephen Elop is hoax http://bit.ly/gU2Xed via @MikeMacias on twitter

It is hilarious that he seems to brag about symbian's superiority in markets that no software innovation has been happening. it is true that us smartphone market is smaller than japanese market. but the innovations are happening here. ask sony why they are not making psp phone in symbian.

Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
It is hilarious that he seems to brag about symbian's superiority in markets that no software innovation has been happening. it is true that us smartphone market is smaller than japanese market. but the innovations are happening here. ask sony why they are not making psp phone in symbian.
Please name few innovations that happened in US before any other market out there?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
So no MeeGo device made by Nokia to spend my money on in Q2?!?! What does Intel have to say about this?!?! If Nokia is changing to Android/WP7 wouldn't Intel be making moves away from Nokia or completely taking over development of MeeGo?
No, why would Intel move away from Nokia, for a start Nokia is a potential future customer for their mobile Atom chips, so Intel will want to keep Nokia sweet. Regarding Meego, when Nokia and Intel merged Moblin and Maemo to form Meego they handed it over to the Linux Foundation, and other companies (notably AMD) now support Meego, so it is unlikely Intel will take Meego back, if they actually can. And this is on the assumption that Nokia are dropping Meego. I think there is a fair chance that they'll actually accelerate Meego development and add Alien Dalvik to their Meego Devices to increase the number of available apps.

Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
Please name few innovations that happened in US before any other market out there?
iphone and android

The Following User Says Thank You to turbowei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
No, why would Intel move away from Nokia, for a start Nokia is a potential future customer for their mobile Atom chips, so Intel will want to keep Nokia sweet. Regarding Meego, when Nokia and Intel merged Moblin and Maemo to form Meego they handed it over to the Linux Foundation, and other companies (notably AMD) now support Meego, so it is unlikely Intel will take Meego back, if they actually can. And this is on the assumption that Nokia are dropping Meego. I think there is a fair chance that they'll actually accelerate Meego development and add Alien Dalvik to their Meego Devices to increase the number of available apps.
intel, by itself, can not build a mobile phone OS and a ecosystem.

Dont forget, Meego runs on Qt and Q although open sourced, is a Nokia property.

Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
iphone and android
I see! You have got great sense of humour btw!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org