Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Wish people would put such features in the app description that appears in the repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
AlMehdi, thanks for the technical info about the ps aux output, which should help the developer make this work.

But yes, it has been mentioned here. Normally I'd point out that it's only a 4 page thread and not that hard to read through, but I'm assuming you're natively Swedish and English might not be too easy to read through. On the other hand, if you can read English easily and had the time, I see no reason why a four page thread couldn't be skimmed through.
Well.. i hadn't the time. I just wanted to share my findings

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Makes sw_rst to me ( I have filled a bug against kernel component https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11672 [ shame on me ] ).
Unless you want to produce random resets to your device I recommend not to install this.
Bright idea though.

Nice app. Doesn't automatically launch the flashlight for me though - just does nothing if I select the launch app option and select flashlight as the app. Opens the app menu fine though if I select and save that. I'm happy enough with that.

I just tested it, the automatically open preferred application doesn't work for me. the application choice list in settings is still bugged, first app in list is still forced checked. which convinces me the reboot loop on uninstall bug is still lurking in there, which i'm afraid to uninstall now.
i have filed a bug tracker on the choice list issue, and somebody else has filed a bug tracker on the reboot loop. doesn't look like anything has been done about it.

unless somebody has successfully uninstalled this app and not get trapped in a reboot loop, i don't see how it can be encouraged to be pushed into extras.

apologies, i was referring to cl-launcher.

Last edited by kazuki; 2011-01-05 at 01:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to kazuki For This Useful Post:
hello kazuki, i recently had this rebooting problem due to the uninstalling of camera lens launcher and i flashed my mobile in r&d mode and it worked fine but when i try to switch it back to production mode the same rebooting occures, so i just wanted to know what can be done about it...hope for ur reply soon

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by risa_newa View Post
hello kazuki, i recently had this rebooting problem due to the uninstalling of camera lens launcher and i flashed my mobile in r&d mode and it worked fine but when i try to switch it back to production mode the same rebooting occures, so i just wanted to know what can be done about it...hope for ur reply soon
There's a new version of this app pushed to the -Testing, which fixes that bug and the forcefully selected first app, as far as I can tell. Currently it has 3/10 of karma and once it reaches 10/10, it'll be in 10 days from that in Extras.

So an update is coming, you'll just have to wait for it. Unless you want to go and play with -Testing.

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
There's a new version of this app pushed to the -Testing, which fixes that bug and the forcefully selected first app, as far as I can tell. Currently it has 3/10 of karma and once it reaches 10/10, it'll be in 10 days from that in Extras.

So an update is coming, you'll just have to wait for it. Unless you want to go and play with -Testing.
so you mean to say if i again install back the updated version of it then this bug is gonna get fixed? also i wanted to ask if its ok to keep using the phone on r&d mode coz right now if i try to disable the rd mode the same rebooting happens..and is there any other way to stop the rebooting till the update comes?

Originally Posted by dh3x View Post
ok I solved my problem. Uninstalling didn't remove the "flashlight-extra" from /etc/event.d and /etc/init.d

I manually deleted it and rebooted. Back to normal.
I had the same problem. Is this resolved in the new package? Those files were marked as "configuration files" which makes them stay on "dpgk -r", purging with "dpkg -P" helps but you need a reboot or manual "initctl stop flashlight-extra".

Please, do not mark these scripts as configuration files. It's a very annoying behaviour of the flashlight-extra package.