I haven't posted here in a long time, but i'll just say this.. It's up to me, you, US to make Meego great. We have the tools (QT) to make great apps and we have the knowledge to get it done. We don't need Nokia to do this for us. Just a few days ago we learned that there will be a way to use Android apps on Meego devices! That was done WITHOUT Nokia's help. We can show them that they did not make the right decision. Meego is and will always be the better OS for mobile devices.

It's up to us now. We just have to face the facts, move forward and hope that Nokia gives us good hardware to install Meego onto.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasih View Post
I seriously doubt Nokia is going to bring out even one MeeGo-phone. Who in their right mind would want to buy it without any future for it. It was obvious from Ballmer's lapdog's words that Nokia doesn't care about MeeGo.
We all bought N900's under the impression that the device would have a future. It turned out to be a "bait and switch". As much as I am still interested in the Meego phone it's going to have to be hands off.

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
I'm extremely happy with my n900 and plan to keep it a long time.

If Nokia release a meego device then I may consider buying it. We'll just have to wait and see what develops.

But the chances of Nokia actually releasing a meego are as small as an asteroid hitting the earth in the next 25 years or so ....

...oh crap what's this?
I am sure that's the day a MeeGo Nokia device will be in our hands. That asteriod has the fingerprints of Elop and MS. But anyhow, we have MeeGo to record the moment with

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Not worth anger... Anger only hurts the vessel it is carried in. And as has been pointed out, it is just a phone.

That said, I'm deeply disappointed. I have owned every internet tablet device since the 770. I've been a member of this forum for a long time.

But this is the cost of being an enthusiast of cutting edge / niche platforms. Rarely do the things we want line up with the desires of companies that want to make a profit.

I was connecting to the internet with a handspring visor pro using an IRDA connection to my Nokia 3320 over a decade ago. And as cool as that was, Palm screwed up their market lead and nearly went out of business.

Nokia's pulled the development rug out from under me twice now, once with the native gtk stuff and now again with QT.

I don't like where the platform is going. It has a lot of potential but it won't make it to a polished user experience any time soon.

So now the question is Android or Palm OS, where to go next to try and find a home for my gadget tinkering needs. Looks like Android is more promising.
David

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Harmattan UI and all Apps will be made open source so at least we can get MeeGo with Harmattan UI and apps on N900 if we wish

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Good bye serious mobile operating systems!
Welcome closed, castrated, incompatible, unoptimized, half-baked mobilephone-application-launcher-thingies!
This is SO true

What I don't get, if Elop was really honest in his trial to recover Nokia and not sell it to MS, in order to compete with iOS and Android he could have just slapped Maemo 5 until MeeGo is 100% ready and awesome. They already have the code and Maemo 5's interface is much better than any of the competitors. Such a device would not take long to produce, N900 form factor with say a TI 3630. WP7 device will take longer to produce than either MeeGo, S^4 or Maemo 5. MS obviously planned this takeover long ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:

this how Much MeeGo still as a Future at Nokia, they cant even be arsed to add it on future projected net sales

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Harmattan UI and all Apps will be made open source so at least we can get MeeGo with Harmattan UI and apps on N900 if we wish
What naive optimism!

You never know.....

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
What naive optimism!

You never know.....
your right maybe i read quims post wrong just on twitter

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks