Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by TPC View Post
Feature request: could you make it so if you are traveling below this speed it will collect the coordinates it gets and produce an average of them? So the longer you stand still the more accurate your position should get in theory. This is useful when geocaching when placing a cache somewhere, you want your coordinates to be as accurate as possible when sharing with others and don't mind standing around for a few minutes to get the average position.
Sorry, but I leave calculation of the fix up to the GPS receiver. I don't want to start tweaking the data in certain ways - Maemo Mapper is not a GPS data manipulator or statistical analysis tool. If you want to get an average, you should collect the GPS data separately (or save Maemo Mapper's track to a file) and do the average manually.

Originally Posted by zeez View Post
I'm usually just using two zoom levels: One as a global overview (of highways) and one detailed view of the area I'm currently in. Is there any way in Meamo Mapper to automatically switch between these two zoom levels depending on the speed I'm traveling at ?
Not at the moment.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Would also be nice to have it not dim the screen when in full screen mode no matter what. Kinda like the old version.
Actually, v1.4.x used the same behavior as v2.x's default, "When Moving (Fullscreen Only)". Are you saying there should be another option, "When Receiving Any GPS Data (Fullscreen Only)"?

Originally Posted by jdr93 View Post
gnuite: thank you for your continuing work on mmapper. as mentioned above it is definitely a program which should be at the top of the list of necessary additions to the tablet. i've used both navicore and mmapper and prefer mm. though the program can't reset itself and plot a new route if you veer off the highway, you can zoom out a ways and keep the planned route in view while you meander about off-route. like a paper map you can still see all the roads, but with the addition of a pointer showing where you are, so you can figure out for yourself how to get back to the planned route, usually without having to retrace your steps.
Not sure if you are aware of this, but Maemo Mapper will plot new routes if you enable "Auto-Update" in the "Download Route" dialog, and if you have an internet connection during your trip.

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
See the "Auto-Download Pre-Cache" setting in the "Misc. 2" tab of the Settings dialog.
Thanks, as usual many of the features we ask for are already there! I promise to check the menues a bit better.

Actually, v1.4.x used the same behavior as v2.x's default, "When Moving (Fullscreen Only)". Are you saying there should be another option, "When Receiving Any GPS Data (Fullscreen Only)"?
No, I'd like a setting so that if it's full screen it doesn't dim the screen at all. If there's a gps signal or not.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Only if the track contains points from both before the zoom change and after the zoom change. That is, if you started creating the track with Maemo Mapper v2.0, then you upgraded to v2.0.1 (or vice versa), then you created more track points, then the distance will be miscalculated.

Otherwise, it's a bug. I'll check it out.
Nope I was on V 2.0.3 which I had Friday and checked the track Yesterday. No additional data.

Thanks. Great product.

It's the same as in v1.4. In the "Manage Repositories" dialog, each repository has an option called "Double Pixels". Is it not working for you?
Ah yes, that's where it is alright. I was just overlooking it .

Thanks! Helpful as always.

BTW, everything looks great in the new version!!

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
2.0.4 seems to be working for loading tracks.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Fred

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I couldn't find any word/post when MM 2.0 OS2008 version will be out? Gnuite, please?

This is the only application left that is holding me on completely moving into OS2008...