Originally Posted by Turbanato|2 View Post
and in case you dont realise, meamo only came out with ONE device since the release of the n900. so even if meego comes out with 1 (like nokia is puting out in the second half of the year), wats wrong with that? and meego will comeout with more than one device.
i gaurentee more than 80% of you who say you'll switch to android, are gona be the first ones drooling and pleading on ur hands and knees for a nokia wen they release meego.
I am speechless at how naive you are.

I suggest you read ALL of statements and material put out by Elop and Nokia today before you further assert that Nokia will continue to back Meego in any substantial way.

And if you STILL do not understand after reading all that material... well nothing in this world can help you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
I think the piece of sh*t elop is getting paid my MSFT and not nokia and is like working as a spy to introduce WP7 to nokia.. what an ***!

I ws never this frustrated.. not even when my n900 would reboot over and over itself..
Neway.. I think im gona get an android phone today and slowly start getting used to it as there is no hope for meego now..
I hope elop and ppl involved in this decision sh** in their pants over and over..
LONG LIVE the n900.. LONG LIVE maemo..

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
dont know if this has been posted earlier but meego is not totally dead!

Intel Defends MeeGo After Partner Nokia Shifts Strategy :

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...11-708014.html
Intel started hiring Android developers month ago.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Ari Jaaksi's blog has new post about cool new Linux devices...

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Clearly a lot of people here failed to remember how the N800 got dumped soon after Freemantle was announced. And the dicking the 770 got. Not surprised at all:

http://soandsuch.blogspot.com/2011/0...a-lost-it.html
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Clearly a lot of people here failed to remember how the N800 got dumped soon after Freemantle was announced. And the dicking the 770 got. Not surprised at all:

http://soandsuch.blogspot.com/2011/0...a-lost-it.html
Yes, this is why I've been increasingly been saying I don't trust Nokia. I don't think that's even an issue any longer, it's obvious. It's the main reason I opposedt the takeover/renaming of InernetTabletTalk.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
While I do realize Elop HAD to do something different I think he just took the shirt cut to shareholder-worthy success.

Instead of claning shop and rallying the do-ers within and bringing in new blood and ramping uo the Meego development cycles and the geting the hardware teams to make them bring-to-market devices quicker etc, he just decided to ride an existing competitors coattails to short-term success (if that happens).

He didnt create a new Nokia. He just decided to ride on the back of MS to bring immediate suceess. A true leader in this posiion would have actually turned around the failing Nokia on its own strengths.

He would have made Meego (or whatever inetrnal OS) be the catalyst for a new challenging change. Of course that required hard work as he wod have to clean house, remove the fail points (in the slow Maemo/Meego development ) and bring in a urgent dynamics to make it work.

Instead Elop goes wih a already week competitor product ( admitedly MS was a better strategic choice than Android) to get the sharehders their moneys worth. Week leadership I wod say for a long-term run.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
I dunno. Just sad. I just hope that
Bright minds of Nokia (ex employees) + Aava + Intel and other partners who are ready to make their own ecosystem start building up something wonderful.
Yea, the bright side of this is that developers which didn't have the willpower to leave before now will (or the're simply shown the door). Nokia has no use for software R&D anymore. They just need cheap parts.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Nokia just jumped the shark. I guess there's still a lot of jobs for meego but that seems rather perilous atm especially since they just alienated a lot of people who would be into meego.

Given that dalvik had been ported to meego I thought there was some chance it would actually take off, since it wouldn't take too much work to port existing android apps if they didn't just run already.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Well who could? Those in charge at nokia ****ed up everything in the last 5 years or so. They'll do anything that elop says.
Or maybe it's the other way around. Some allege the board made this decision some time ago, and knew they had to execute it with a non-Finn. So bring in Elop as a mouthpiece. Yes, it's conspiratorial-sounding, but I wonder...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
where's dan