Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Classic. Elop walking into Nokia and the first thing he did was redirecting the Maemo PR1.4 MeeGo budget to spend it on -like imported managers typically do to make their presence noticed- Gartner and Gamble&Poor audits to get himself the figures needed to defend his pre-conceived pathway to MS embracing.
And his comment about an oil platform - give us all a break of this garbage it is so deja vu. Mission accomplished and in 3 years he's out of there.
In protest I'll be rushing to check out WP7 so I know exactly what it can't do and write about how great my old E71 is compared to it feature wise.
Since MeeGo announcement the intel in the story made me start stockpiling N900's but now Nokia has gone from bad to worse I start feeling a little insecure with only 3 pieces, he he

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Shouldn't we all just pledge allegiance to Intel, which apparently hasn't abandoned MeeGo? I'm just asking...I don't fully understand Intel's role in all this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
his thread was opened to discuss if there was anything we could do.
Sachin as I told you before, as a simple user you have the power to decide what you buy, what you advice and what you write on the internet. If many many people do, Elop is sacked

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Shouldn't we all just pledge allegiance to Intel, which apparently hasn't abandoned MeeGo? I'm just asking...I don't fully understand Intel's role in all this.
Intel started hiring Android developers month ago.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
pretty much. what's the point of supporting nokia if they're just using it to buy WP7 licences? support intel directly, they already pledged NOT to support WP7 because it's not good enough power management for their CPUs.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I say we grab Elop and send him to egypt in a Mobarak outfit.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If a bunch of refugees suddenly started (somehow) flooding in Intel's direction, you'd think it might mean something to someone. For example, what if our Council directly approached Intel?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
WP = White phosphorous per google translate...

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
But seriously, Is it possible that Elop could be somehow fired by the Nokia board and Nokia could go back to its original Qt strategy with Meego at the top and Symbian for the dumbphones? What would it take for this to happen?
Elop has been hired by the board to do exactly what he is doing right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to svdwal For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I asked a genuine question. If you know the answer please answer nicely. Laughing and commenting is not really a nice way to answer a question.
And you take yourself and this situation way too serious.

Now this bastard from america comes and converts the whole company into a microsoft *****.
Correction. That bastard is from Canada. Please do more research.

I did not say that i would plan a raid on nokia... this thread was opened to discuss if there was anything we could do. If you dont have anything to add atleast leave us with our problems instead of pouring acid on our wounds.
This thread is downright ridiculous. You want to complain ad nauseum, there's 12 more threads that you can commiserate within easily.

But instead, you want to bring out your vitriol about a predicament that exists because of prior bad management and yet you want to blame it on the current guy that's from Canada that spent more time at Macromedia/Adobe than he did whilst at Microsoft.

Simply put, your whole schtick is misdirected. You call it acid, I call it a splash of cold water called reality.

Glad I sold my N900, glad I sold my Nokia stock, wish folks would wake up and deal with what's real. Don't like WP7 on Nokia, don't buy it. Don't like Elop, don't support him. Don't like what's become of Nokia, blame the right damn people.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, me ego, megone, naysaying, quit whining