Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Well i think you should have bought some "supportmeego" domains instead. With nokia trying to pull out, meego could actually use some help. How we are supposed to help nokia is beyond me. Even getting rid of their CEO is not likely to help as they seem to have had this idiotic plan for some time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
You really think ditching Symbian & Maemo / Meego in favour of WP7 pre-dated Elop and the push by a group of US investors to get a 'like-minded' CEO?

@supportnokia, I understand where you're coming from but I think Elop has made up his mind about WP7, whether we like it or not in about a year and a half that will be the only OS available on nokia devices.

I think a better way is to support symbian and meego (if it actually comes out this year) is by not giving up on developing Qt applications and in turn not support anything that comes out from this merger. Having said that, being a developer I dont see why I or anyone else would want to continue writing applications for two platforms that are destined for the grave anyway.

Support Nokia? Hmm... how can we help them if they have m0r0ns instead of managers and they decided to crush the company into an iceberg? We can do whatever we want but as long as Nokia haves such a "cool" management, they're doomed, just as Titanic has been doomed due to stupid/incompetent captain's actions. Their captains already managed to hit iceberg today. So it does not looks like Nokia could last for a while. WP7 sells poorly and Nokia performs not very well either. I have very little idea why two losers can have some epic win, this is just as likely as to see some sandstorm in Antarctica.

The Following User Says Thank You to PowerUser For This Useful Post:
Support Nokia? Support who, or what?
There is no one to support, who'd had any power regarding business decisions made in the company. Not one.

with thee utmost respect,

this thread is a joke

nokia has much more intelligence and much more information in terms of what is best for their company/ investments

like seriously and sincerely, cut it out

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asadkhan1988 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by supportnokia View Post
Nokia isn't one man (or two, judging by today's press conference). It's a company. It's an entity. If you think the Elopian strategy is one supported by anything more than a tiny minority of Nokia's staff (without whom the company can't function), you're sorely mistaken.
That may be true, but I doubt we'll see them gathering in Tahrir Square anytime soon. If we buy Nokia products while this WP7 strategy is in operation, *any* Nokia products, then that will contribute to this Microsoft-Nokia alliance being seen as a success. I do not want this to be a success. WP7 is my least favorite phone OS by far.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Turbanato|2 View Post
wat the hell are you saying? do u know how to read? im tired of having to repeatedly say this. NOKIA IS STILL SUPPORTING SYMBIAN.. NOKIA IS STILL PUTTING OUT MEEGO!
Yes, and we all know that Nokia always follows through on its commitments. Their word is their *bond*. This is just step ( 4 - 5*i ) in the path to the consumer-ready maemo distribution.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by supportnokia View Post
Well if you think Symbian / Meego and Nokia are worth saving and WP7 is appalling (Elop too), perhaps you should consider buying those products and undermining anything to do with WP7.
If people continue to buy Symbian based products in the same numbers as before, they will be seen as supporting Nokia and (by implication) their chosen future strategy with Microsoft.

Whereas on the other hand if people stop buying Symbian and sales fall off a cliff, the Nokia board will claim they were right all along to dump Symbian by switching to WP7.

It's a tough call what to do - either way the board can spin the sales figures to make it look like they made the right choice.

A vote of no confidence in the board and this strategy is likely the only hope, and that will only happen if the share price continues to plummet.

The staff working to rule or walking out en mass wouldn't hurt either as they've got nothing to lose - they're being dumped on from a great height by the board and executive managers who are responsible for getting Nokia into this mess in the first place, and none of them will be losing their jobs.

nokia has much more intelligence and much more information in terms of what is best for their company/ investments
WTF!? Are you kidding? Their management decisions have been utter failures for the last 10 years. Why should it be the right one now?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:

Tags
failed