Notices

Ok, I can report now that after exhausting all ideas and having no success with the Glovepie flashing method, I bit the bullet and downloaded the Ubuntu CD, did a linux boot-to-cd, and after struggling with how to enter the code (finally thought to open a terminal and copy/paste ;-/) I got the job done. Bluetooth connectivity and wireless joystock gaming on the N900 at last!

Thanks to those who helped me out. I will say to anyone struggling with this, the linux boot method works very well and wasn't so painful.

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2011-01-18 at 02:40.

Anybody know if a GUI will eventually be created in order to facilitate key configurations?

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
HELP, VERY URGENT: I have successfully connected my sixaxis to my N900 but for some unknown reasons, it only works with Mupen64. My phone does not react when pressing the sixaxis buttons and I can't use it with other programs than Mupen64.

EDIT: I don't know what i did, but it works now!
The same thing is occuring to me... I haven't played with it since the new PR update several months ago, but now when i try, only Mupen64 recognizes the keys, and maemo doesnt react when i press keys. My config files are still the same, my key configurations are still the same... What can I do to fix the issue?

Anybody able to point me to the right direction at least...?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Pondokcina AX
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Seriously it's really easy, trust me. I had no experience of using linux before i did this and once you get your head around it and make sure you use the right commands, it's a breeze.

Install sixad and SIXAXIS(TM) Support from the app manager.

Download and burn the live cd, Option 2 from here - http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Download the sixpair.gz file from here - http://tomasz.sterna.tv/uploads/2010/02/sixpair.gz - and save it to USB stick

Copy the sixpair.gz file from the USB stick to the Ubuntu desktop,

Open terminal from ubuntu apps (in the top left) the enter in the following codes pressing enter after each line

gzip -d ~/Desktop/sixpair.gz
cd ~/Desktop
sudo chmod +x sixpair
sudo ./sixpair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (This will be your N900 Bluetooth Address that you find in Settings > About)

This is it.

Next turn on N900 bluetooth and press PS3 button.

The lights will flash and then if its successful the will flash from left to right and back again night rider styley.

Job done!!

This worked a charm for me and i did it this way because i don't have internet access on my PC. There are other option as mentioned and you could also try using the steps here as previously posted - http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2010/02/play...is-controller/

Good luck and hope you manage to get it working! While i'm here more thanks to Smoku for making this happen, it really is amazing!
i am sory,but i cant follow tiz step. Can u repeat again with a really really details? Tks..

How come the following keys randomly found on the internet:
http://xabreman.wordpress.com/2011/0...ation-for-ps3/
Are exactly the keys mapped to my PS3 gamepad *AFTER* i have manually changed them myself to completly different keys? I really don't understand... I have changed the keycodes myself using the sixaxis.fdi file to completly different key, but when i open notepad or something like that, the keys i press on the gamepad correspond to completely different keys... I used the editor within WinSCP to modify the configuration file. Plus, it seems like
‘/home/user/.config/drnoknes.conf’.
does not exist at all for me... I even tried uninstalling DrNokSnes and re-installing it and still nothing. I've rebooted several times after several operations, and even changed in settings my keyboard layout to English USA. Please help.

Ahm... have im done something wrong or the Analog Sticks have really no function?

i tried to use glovepie to do the pairing of the sixaxis with my n900, but the application is not working - i don't see any GUI - it just starts a process which i have to close with task manager.
i tried several versions and same behavior on my x64 windows 7, so i did the same on another machine with XP x86 and got an error message when starting it - "glovepie The application failed to initialize properly".
how can i fix this? is there another way for pairing?
i was trying to follow the guide at "http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=517534#post517534" - i got to the stage where my windows recognizes the joystick, but i cannot do the pairing.
my bluetooth is active and visible on the n900.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Pondokcina AX (Jawa Barat ID)
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
i tried to use glovepie to do the pairing of the sixaxis with my n900, but the application is not working - i don't see any GUI - it just starts a process which i have to close with task manager.
i tried several versions and same behavior on my x64 windows 7, so i did the same on another machine with XP x86 and got an error message when starting it - "glovepie The application failed to initialize properly".
how can i fix this? is there another way for pairing?
i was trying to follow the guide at "http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=517534#post517534" - i got to the stage where my windows recognizes the joystick, but i cannot do the pairing.
my bluetooth is active and visible on the n900.
hi impeham...
i think u should a try devildriven post, it really work...

regards,
waiku

Originally Posted by waiku View Post
hi impeham...
i think u should a try devildriven post, it really work...

regards,
waiku
Which one? i cannot make GlovePIE work...