Active Topics

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I'm currently playing around with more hildon-desktop patches (see here and here). Turns out that the "Maps" application doesn't support portrait mode (among other built-in apps), but it turns out it can be relayouted using simple HTML/CSS hackery.

The first result of this 5-minute-hack is this: http://thp.io/2011/maemo/portrait_mode_maps.sh. Pretty trivial, and as you can see on the photo, some parts would still need manual layouting. Also, this patch fixes the application into portrait mode, so landscape mode won't work after that (changing the script to change the layout back is left as an exercise for the reader ). I won't pursue this specific app (Maps) any further, but this should get interested community members who know HTML and CSS started on implementing portrait mode support in Nokia Maps

The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
upss thanx thp, for all this

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I hope it could be easily integrated with other mods for Nokia Maps like voice guidance. Did you contacted the developers that are currently working on it?

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
wow.. those are great developments! please provide some source and talk to the community ssu maintainers

keep up the great work

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Looking good,portrait mode in Maps will be useful.

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
That could be usefull, particularly when biking, thats when I have missed rotation of Nokia Maps.

I'm particularly interested in that portrait vkb, how was that achieved, without FastSMS?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, /usr/share/nokia-maps/html/index.html is one big fat html file. And looks like we are not allowed to distribute the file.
A hint for others wanting to take a look at it: The download version of http://jsbeautifier.org/ is really useful.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by LagunaCid View Post
I'm particularly interested in that portrait vkb, how was that achieved, without FastSMS?
It's the standard on-screen keyboard under the influence of the forced auto-rotation patch that's going to be included in the Community SSU at some point in the future.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
@thp: is your patch for maps going to be icluded in the Community SSU ????

Tags
maemo rocks!, thp rocks!!!