Active Topics

Closed Thread
As I do not have acces to the CSSU IRC to ask this question I will ask on this thread but I wonder if there is any possiblity of having the "swipe to answer" UI installed as part of the CSSU? As yet again this moring I accidently hit "reject" rather than "answer" when trying to answer a call quickly? It seems all we need to do is copy the UI used by the Nokia 5800, I apprecaite that maybe a lot easier said than done, or is that part of the "closed" side of the UI the developers do not have access to?

On similar lines I wonder if there is any chance of running a poll to see what the forum users would like to see in the next CSSU i.e. the developers could list the 5 or 10 improvements and we could vote for the ones we would like to see installed. As persoanlly I would sooner do that than read endless posts about Nokia/M$/Elop

Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Problem disappeared -- my MyDocs partition was full at the time so this may have been the cause. May be cause to improve error handling for certain events in modest, but inevitably a ebcak-style issue.
I have this problem as from day one. it has nothing to do with the SSU! the email client is freaking buggy!

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Apparently the first page can't be altered, except by the original author. Anyway, maintaining the information in two places is a recipe for disaster. The definitive instructions are, and always will, be at:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

The mini-site is evolving really well, and we now have a page (which needs fleshing out, contributions welcome!) on how to use the [url=http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog
new features[/url] in transitions.ini
Jaffa

Any chance the first poster could be asked to amend his post as I think he's still active on the forum? Just thinking of new users who stumble across this thread but have to then search the CSSU thread.

I can't personnally see having two thread would be an issue as if this one was closed the new thread would soon takeover?

Just my views anyway.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
It seems all we need to do is copy the UI used by the Nokia 5800, I apprecaite that maybe a lot easier said than done, or is that part of the "closed" side of the UI the developers do not have access to?
I believe the dialler UI is closed, BICBW.

On similar lines I wonder if there is any chance of running a poll to see what the forum users would like to see in the next CSSU i.e. the developers could list the 5 or 10 improvements and we could vote for the ones we would like to see installed. As persoanlly I would sooner do that than read endless posts about Nokia/M$/Elop
I'm not sure we're at that point. People who've wanted to develop something to scratch their own itch have either created patches already or are now working on them to get them shipped. There's no "oooh, what should we work on next?" going on. However, non-technical people can contribute by approaching developers (such as #11832 - offline IMAP support) and asking for them to contribute to the CSSU effort.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Any chance the first poster could be asked to amend his post as I think he's still active on the forum? Just thinking of new users who stumble across this thread but have to then search the CSSU thread.
Feel free to ask him to add a big:

EDIT: For reference this is now all documented on the Community SSU homepage
I suspect it'd be better coming from !me.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by Mart5.1 View Post
No it does not, at least two users are having problems with it, read the posts! I was looking for help not opinions.
It does not what? I use it, I have CSSU and it's working.

And no, it is not "my opinion", it is my way to give some feedback to say that there is not a problem with CSSU and the brightness applet, so you can look at somewhere else, not only CSSU.

Also, you did not mention you were using the applet, you said your brightness control.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Are there plans to update the mail for exchange application? Syncing my contacts and calendar with google doesnt work with MfE. Would be nice to use the build in solution instead of applications like Erming-NG.

Those interested in the concrete development and actual code change in the CSSU may be interested in this proposal:

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ry/028151.html

As noted, IRC isn't the best for long-lived and multi-developer discussions; but neither is a single forum thread (nor, for developers, a sub-forum)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dekkelkamp View Post
Are there plans to update the mail for exchange application?
Mail for Exchange support in Maemo is closed source. According to vitaly_repin, the Exchange 2007 portion could theoretically be opened. The Exchange 2003 portion cannot.

There's an existing thread searching for an open MfE solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Hi Mart5.1,

there are some gconfsettings missing. Have changed your
gconf manually. Or did you use any other application which
changed the display brightness configuration.

Nicolai
I did use an app to change the brightness from the desktop.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade