Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
...but these "exciting" "new" features are being added sooner thank we had hoped!

Whatever.

So you mean that those things will be added to the Windows mobile 7 sooner?

NoT *****y M$ WinD0z oN My l337 H4x0r B0x!!!?!!!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by bkkick View Post
So you mean that those things will be added to the Windows mobile 7 sooner?
Windows Mobile is dead. Windows 7 is called Windows Phone, because most has been rewritten. As a result, compaibility was broken.

Still a young OS (hence the rewrite reference), it has a few things missing or disabled, because MS chose to disable them rather than having them buggy.

Multitasking, for example, is disabled until it's smoothed out and has been announced to make a comeback soon.

Some have speculated that having WP7 will mean no copy paste, no multitasking, etc. While technically correct now, MS has announced the features and promised to release them in smaller updates, before yearly updates roll.

So, WP7 will be getting some of its features sooner rather than later. I assume that's what he means.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

getting back to the original topic

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69688

Why the h3ll you may need to buy multitasking phone with clipboard and then downgrade it to single task and lose clipboard? Just curious.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Windows Mobile is dead. Windows 7 is called Windows Phone, because most has been rewritten. As a result, compaibility was broken.

Still a young OS (hence the rewrite reference), it has a few things missing or disabled, because MS chose to disable them rather than having them buggy.

Multitasking, for example, is disabled until it's smoothed out and has been announced to make a comeback soon.

Some have speculated that having WP7 will mean no copy paste, no multitasking, etc. While technically correct now, MS has announced the features and promised to release them in smaller updates, before yearly updates roll.

So, WP7 will be getting some of its features sooner rather than later. I assume that's what he means.

Oh I see yea thatīs true. Thanks for your replay

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
i have stumbled upon this picture of the zune HD running phone7-ish firmware. i noticed it is a custom one without the 3 required hardware buttons below the screen and no arrow icon on the right side.

now that the ms team is working with nokia's hardware team, "maybe" a custom port with basic functionalities maybe possible for arm architecture.

in the end of the day, it's just up to them actually.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
Any wise man here who can help me??
With all the bugs in MS OSes
(e.g. the newest being this one:
"Microsoft's virus scanner causes security problem"
[ http://www.h-online.com/security/new...m-1196731.html ] )
and the missing things in WP7, all the wise man will probably
tell you to keep your fingers away from MS.
;-)

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
Originally Posted by ndi View Post

Like seriously? A company the size of M$ still cannot dev an OS that is ready out of the box? They'd need to do it piecemeal? In any case, why would anyone want to use WP7 on the N900?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Nokia decided to test WP7 on their already existing test hardware, the N900, before they start to make new phones. On the other hand, a Qt GUI imitating the Metro interface would be easier to write than port that crappy OS to the N900. Also based on the WP7 system requirements the N900 doesn't have a fast enough CPU (600MHz vs 1GHz), enough memory (256MB vs 512MB), lacks hw buttons (qwerty does not count in this case), and as far as I know WP7 currently runs only on one specific hardware, thus the strict requirements.

Tags
b s o d, douchebaggery, windoze, wrong forum