Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Use the following code to obtain the N900's orientation and base your conditional commands on it's output to automatically rotate your widgets based on your phone's current position:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.get_device_orientation
One of my desktops is completely filled with this sort of Queen Beecon widgets and optimised for portrait usage.

I'd love to see some screenshots of your own portrait-optimised desktop when you're done, DarkGUNMAN.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ffha View Post
Use the following code to obtain the N900's orientation and base your conditional commands on it's output to automatically rotate your widgets based on your phone's current position:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.get_device_orientation
One of my desktops is completely filled with this sort of Queen Beecon widgets and optimised for portrait usage.

I'd love to see some screenshots of your own portrait-optimised desktop when you're done, DarkGUNMAN.
Ciao,
just to remind you that upon each QBW execution, the following Parameters Substitution occurs:
$QBW_ORIENTATION_MODE Holds the current Orientation Mode of QBW widget = landscape, portrait, unknown, landscape (inverted), portrait (inverted)
$QBW_ORIENTATION_STAND Holds the current Orientation Stand of QBW widget = off_stand, on_stand
$QBW_ORIENTATION_FACE Holds the current Orientation Face of QBW widget = face_up, face_down
$QBW_ORIENTATION_X Holds the current Orientation X axis of QBW widget = -1<->+1
$QBW_ORIENTATION_Y Holds the current Orientation Y axis of QBW widget = -1<->+1
$QBW_ORIENTATION_Z Holds the current Orientation Z axis of QBW widget = -1<->+1

Details HERE: http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_W...Script_Runtime

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: