Posts: 20 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Antarctica
This dude in my world civ class last semester had one. Small world, hey.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
In Hamilton, New Zealand, I think there may be 2 N900 users. Me and the other guy
N900 is a rare specie. PS mine became super heated this morning from Hildon-home (6days up time) and I have to killed it and rerun it to cool down my device without restarting. Nokia needs to fix this hildon-home issue.
Im in Auckland NZ and have yet to see another n900 in real life ,

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Hampshire,UK
anyone working on a "N900 proximity App" ?

believe there a couple of users near me but nothing spotted in the wild

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Live in Israel. Only saw another N900 once, before I got my own, and this is actually what introduced me to Maemo and eventually led me to buying my own device. Haven't seen the dude who had the other N900 ever since.
However this is kinda expected as the N900 is not officially imported to Israel at all. Only way to get it is to buy from local stores that import it themselves or to buy one abroad.

Only 2 people in my state (according to the pin map), including myself!

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 275 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Blackhawk Island
Spotted a guy on the train about 20min ago - with a laptop, N900 and a HTC. I only caught a quick glimpse but verified it later with a BT scan.

i saw a girl on the tram and another bloke using n900's was a massive shock as i havent seen any in the wild before

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
the only time i saw one was when i was in the nokia store and got suckered into the sales pitch by the demonstration and forked out £500 for it. (glad i bought it, but wish i had waited as it was available at half the price just months later) havent seen another one since that day which wasnt a display dummy.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
devinger got himself a N900 after he dropped his previous phone in the toilet, which convinced me to get one too.
I use it more than he does, though, but I don't mind not having a tech-buddy. We don't have to talk about kernels to be friends :P

To date it is the only N900 I have ever encountered besides my own.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
3 classmates and a teacher at my school.