Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Prague
I have a problem with aircrack-ng I have everything working, packet injection, monitor mode ect cetera the problem I'm having is with wpa handshakes. I can capture the handshake just fine although aircrack does not say it has done so. If I run the command aircrack-ng -w password.lst mycap.cap it says no wpa handshake found.

I found this odd so I analysed the file with wireshark and found the 4 wpa handshake packets I was expecting. I then transfered the .cap file to my linux box and used aircrack again, there was indeed a wpa handshake in there. I then transfered some .cap files to my n900 that I know have valid handshakes and on the n900 they all say no valid handshake found.

I've attached a .cap file (its from my network, the wpa password is 'password') this file was captured on the n900 and according to both the windows and linux versions of aircrack it contains a valid handshake. I know it does I've seen the packets in wireshark.

The version of aircrack-ng I'm using on the n900 is 1.0 and it does not see the handshake in that file.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip psk_new-01.zip (92.2 KB, 116 views)

BTW let me know if that cap file works for you.

Thanks again

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I'm not an expert by any means, but: Does your aircrack-ng on your linux box contain an actual password list with which to work with? Does the aircrack-ng on your N900? (Also, are you using an aircrack-ng you compiled yourself, or the one from the repos?)

its the one from the repo and aircrack on the n900 does not even find the handshake packets in the .cap file so it makes the wordlist a bit irrelevant.

But yes I'm using the same worklist in both Debian and Maemo

Worked just fine sir.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
hawaii thanks just as I thought same file on my n900 reports no valid handshake hmmm could I ask are you using the aircrack-ng from the repo?

No, I am using the latest SVN sources.

Maybe I'm going a bit of-topic here but whenever I try and build the sources on the n900 I just get a message telling me the make version I'm using is to old.

How do you build from source for Maemo do i need to do it in scratchbox on another machine, or can it be done on the device itself? If it can be done on the device itself where do i fine a newer version of make. Sorry bout the noob questions.

Any pointers in the right direction here greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Sorted installed scratchbox and read the docs easy when you know how.

Thanks again for the help

so what? are you trying to hak the gibson?