Active Topics

Notices

@MartinK, about my issue of seeing local language for the specific region.. as it turns out...I get the same map with local language using the GMapCatcher. So, I guess if one uses google map, there is no issue.

Now, I have another problem, I copied the download maps(tiles) from GMapCatcher to the .maps\Google Maps\zoomlevel_x\leve_y\... directories per hints in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=451. I launched the app afterward but the app for some reason did not 'see' the already downloaded tiles and it wanted to go online to download again. Is there anything else I have to do? Is there a log somewhere that I can look to troubleshoot this?

Thank you for your time

Cheers,

PS: when I use the GMapCatcher, it created tiles zoom level from as low as '-2' and all the want up to '20'. My version of GMapCatcher is 0.7.5.0(on Windows).

Last edited by cheve; 2011-02-18 at 20:12.

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
So, did any of you manage to get the freeze with blanked & modRana running ?
If by blanked you mean "screen locked and off", then yes.

I've noticed that modRana's window doesn't go black when Ctrl+Backspace is used -- only when using the minimize button. I believe I've witnessed the freeze/SGX bug when the screen is blanked in both of these scenarios.

Still haven't spent more time with it, but I hope these extra details will help.

Last edited by wumpwoast; 2011-02-18 at 21:31.

Sorry to bug you guys with this, but I've a problem with Modrana. I installed it and had it running without a problem. After changing some settings with layers, it now freezes upon startup. By this I mean that it acquires gps, but shows only a grey background and doesn't respond to tapping the screen or titlebar in any way. Otherwise n900 is responding perfectly.
I thought it might be some setting that is giving me trouble so as a quick fix I tried a reinstall to see whether it would reset settings, but they seem to presisting. A look into Modrana wiki didn't reveal where config files are located.
Attaching a xterm output

Sorry for being such a noob and thank you for any help
modrana.txt

The Following User Says Thank You to nordicnurse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nordicnurse View Post
Sorry to bug you guys with this, but I've a problem with Modrana. I installed it and had it running without a problem. After changing some settings with layers, it now freezes upon startup. By this I mean that it acquires gps, but shows only a grey background and doesn't respond to tapping the screen or titlebar in any way. Otherwise n900 is responding perfectly.
I thought it might be some setting that is giving me trouble so as a quick fix I tried a reinstall to see whether it would reset settings, but they seem to presisting. A look into Modrana wiki didn't reveal where config files are located.
Attaching a xterm output

Sorry for being such a noob and thank you for any help
Attachment 17844
Looks like the new center shifting code is causing the issue - you have probably some unique mix of settings causing this.
Could you please post/send the /opt/modrana/data/options.bin file ? This is where modRana stores most of its settings and I can probably use it to easily reproduce (and fix) the issue in my local environment

Also, removing/renaming this file might be used as a workaround before this is fixed, as removing it will reset most settings to default values (uninstalling modRana, without using the --purge parameter, leaves options.bin in place).

BTW, I'll release a new version & reply to question in the next few days.

What will be in the next release ?
  • fix for the options menu scrolling issue
  • fix for the above mentioned shifting issue
  • new optional map dragging method, that is much faster but less visually pleasing than the current one
  • jumping to the map screen by long-pressing the "escape" button
And possibly more

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
am having problem with modrana,its estimation for distance is 8 meters,while its far more than that,and another thing can we change voice ?

Looks like the new center shifting code is causing the issue - you have probably some unique mix of settings causing this.
Could you please post/send the /opt/modrana/data/options.bin file ? This is where modRana stores most of its settings and I can probably use it to easily reproduce (and fix) the issue in my local environment

Also, removing/renaming this file might be used as a workaround before this is fixed, as removing it will reset most settings to default values (uninstalling modRana, without using the --purge parameter, leaves options.bin in place).
Attaching options.bin. Removing it solved the issue. Thank you (I didn't use xterm to uninstall, I will next time)
options.bin.gz

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
What will be in the next release ?
  • fix for the options menu scrolling issue
  • fix for the above mentioned shifting issue
  • new optional map dragging method, that is much faster but less visually pleasing than the current one
  • jumping to the map screen by long-pressing the "escape" button
And possibly more
Martin,
Could you increase the treshold for dragging a bit, I have about 50% chance that tapping a button still causes a drag (and disables auto-center) while driving the car. Standing still it works fine. And no, my car isn't that old that it vibrates a lot

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Great list of features and they all sound so good. I will have to try these all.

Last edited by kattyjames111; 2013-10-01 at 07:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to kattyjames111 For This Useful Post:
There are different options under 'mode'. Selecting these results in different data being displayed. (do modes have other effect?) Could it be possible to choose displayed data by checking from a list or similar rather than being fixed to preset defaults?

EDIT: oh, just noticed that configurable UI is already planned

Last edited by nordicnurse; 2011-02-23 at 23:11.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
mine now also gives the grey screen

edit: removing options.bin also fixed it here.
I think the last thing I did in the working state was play with some settings.

Last edited by petur; 2011-02-24 at 08:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps