Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I'd buy Nokia's MeeGo-phone just to support MeeGo and OSS If it turns out to be successful, it helps MeeGo to gain some traction.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juzzlin For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@gerbick: Do you think Elop is a trojan?
No, I do not. I think Elop is a dude that somehow convinced Adobe and Microsoft that he was worth the commute - some $146k a year for Adobe IIRC - somehow for his position from Canada.

I do think he came as part of a larger deal from Redmond, but I doubt he's got blind loyalty toward MS; especially past the initial honeymoon period with MS.
With their plans still so far out before a deliverable, I don't think he came in from some shadow deal with MS. If so, they would have made much more strides now than just recently releasing their concepts. Face it, Nokia backing WP7, rumors of Acer doing the same, Dell already having one of the prettier offerings out there now... and Nokia continues to have nothing to show?

Screams last minute deal to me. Not planned out like people are saying or thinking.

At this point in time, I think they're just looking for something that would sell. They'll market 'unrefined hoes' if that's the current market wants...
I think Nokia pushing out unfinished WP7 product would be the same as pushing out unfinished MeeGo product. The board would be asking "Why did we go this route, it's also unfinished!?" and would be 100% correct. So Nokia needs to set the standard for all others.

Simply put, Nokia will become the Samsung (Galaxy S changed the game this year, prior year was Google with the Nexus One) of the WP7 world if done right.

MeeGo is the refined prude in this case. She needs to puts out a little...
This made the inner-geek in me almost have a chubby. Yeah, I said it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Nokia is a company, Nokia is not your friend. We can trust Nokia to do whatever they see fit to 1. keep the company afloat and 2. increase profit and sales. The fact that they **** up from time to time and other companies runs circles around them every now and then, is just business as usual. Most of the time they don't **** up and it is Nokia that runs circles around the others.

If the N950 has a HW keyboard and the U8500 chipset I will get one. If not, i will wait for a similar WP phone or get a cheapo (I hope) E7

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I can't understand anything from Nokia theses days:
Qt yes, Qt nope...
S40, Symbian, MeeGo, Windows Phone 7...
Weird.Also I have heard OpenBossa (Said to be a Nokia subsidiary) has developed the release candidate version for the application named "PySide" in 17th February(Python language for Qt(similar to PyQt)). Is this a development for the dead or something? Maybe this action has happened because OpenBossa was not a Nokia subsidary and I have heard wrong?

Last edited by govprog; 2011-02-22 at 17:12.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Weird.Also I have heard OpenBossa (Said to be a Nokia subsidiary) has developed the release candidate version for the application named "PySide" in 17th February. Is this a development for the dead or something else? Maybe this action has happened because OpenBossa was not a Nokia subsidary and I have heard wrong?
PySide is not an application but LGPL Python bindings to Qt and QtMobility.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
PySide is not an application but LGPL Python bindings to Qt and QtMobility.
Oh,sorry. I meant a programming language(binding).

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
did you ever notice that the word 'Elop' is graphically strangely close to 'Flop'

for me, the WP7 is a bad choice (even the worse)

they would have better choosen (in order) WebOS, Android or Bada

But the best is coming : MeeGo, the right sucessor of n900, a standard linux with powerfull Qt UI and entirely customizable.

wait and see...

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post
did you ever notice that the word 'Elop' is graphically strangely close to 'Flop'

for me, the WP7 is a bad choice (even the worse)

they would have better choosen (in order) WebOS, Android or Bada

But the best is coming : MeeGo, the right sucessor of n900, a standard linux with powerfull Qt UI and entirely customizable.

wait and see...
N900 is a phone, do you mean the rightful successor to maemo 5, if so, it looks like Nokia's meego phone is getting meamo 6, not true MeeGo o/s.

The next device I saw inside nokia was code named bridge, although now with that nutbag elop killing everything god knows what os its going to run. The QML guys were experimenting on it with a linux kernel which I suppose points to meego.
Hardware ? Based around STE U8500 apps processor (so dual core A9 ARMs clocked around 700Mhz).
The last email I saw of interest from Nokia was a high prio email asking for immediate cease of communication with TI employees. - So no TI omaps in Nokias in the near future ?

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Will online stores count? Otherwise that's a tall order, given you're a U.S. resident.

I've only seen one Maemo/MeeGo device, an N810, on display in a physical store, and I had to travel more than 5,700 kilometers for that privilege.
frys carried the n900 in-store.

Tags
bada bing, bada rox, bada rulez, bada suckss, bada sux, lam bada, lol @ bada, nokia defiled, science fiction