Notices

Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
Sorry I haven't been on here more: I've been coding more at my day job, so I don't have as much interest in coding in the evenings right now.

You don't need to change the XML files to put in the .wav extensions: the new javascript code does that.
Please, can you specify which javascript code you are referring to? Do you mean the one wich is included in the index.html file referred to at the post 1 of this thread?

If it is so, then it does not work for me. For me it works this way http://www.pittnerovi.com/jiri/hobby...900/index.html. But still, I would like to try your last improvements, since you stated it is better.

May you kindly post the detailed instructions (such as the ones in the aforementioned link) to follow for the installation. In this manner, we can 100% verify that we are doing it the right way.

Can't we just get that HTML from the N8 ? it has offline navigation and ROUTING and VOICE !!! i used it even without a sim card ! how i wish i could have this on the N900

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
May I suggest to put all this information in the Wiki?. It's becoming harder to research on the whole thread.

It would be great if individual scripts for patching Maps stuff could be done. This way, they could be packaged and included in the CSSU.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
well after i did that it messd up with my ovi maps that it keeps loading and doesnt open so i deleted ovi maps so can anyone guide me to how to download ovi maps again without flashing?and by da way i tried to download loader from nokiaeurope i think and it said that i have ovi maps and it didnt show loader.

any help please?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by heartbreakdoctor View Post
well after i did that it messd up with my ovi maps that it keeps loading and doesnt open so i deleted ovi maps so can anyone guide me to how to download ovi maps again without flashing?and by da way i tried to download loader from nokiaeurope i think and it said that i have ovi maps and it didnt show loader.
Not sure how you can install the whole of ovi maps without flashing, but I can post the original file here
You'll need to rename it to just index.html

(if you need the whole folder, I have that too, but its a little large, so tell me if you require it and I'll upload it somewhere).

Also did you mean the map loader? For downloading the maps to your device? If so you can bypass it and just download it manually from http://www.hpsblog.com/2009/07/direc...0-without.html

and you just copy the maps into the Cities folder in MyDoc (it'll be MyDoc/Cities/Diskcache)

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
thanks alot and i flashed it i thought it will be easiest way.and by da way thanks again for helping us all with ovi maps that people gave up on,wish i could help.

Any news why for some people the tweak does not work?

Originally Posted by jiri View Post
Hi,
thanks for this nice work!

For some reason the html5 version did not work for me (I did the wav renaming correctly); the version with python server runs well.
I have made little changes, e.g. to leave the python server running
forever (no shutdown) and listening only on 127.0.0.1 interface for security.

Works nicely with the fm transmitter and car radio, too, after
a little hack to avoid automatic turn off of the transmitter during
long silence periods.

Concerning the language, I think that it should be able to change
the language for the street name (passed to espeak) dynamically, according to the current location. I am not familiar enough with javascript to code this. The python script could be easily adapted
to switch language for espeak dynamically, but I have no idea how
to find out from the position in the map in which country (and its language region) you are.

The whole process of getting the improved navigation up and running was not really straightforward, so I have gathered
the necessary information in a mini-howto http:////www.pittnerovi.com/jiri/hob...900/index.html.

Jiri Pittner
Thanks, Jiri for your effective work.
I've tried three protocols by CormacB, Blaizzen, and you. Yours was the only one worked. But I'd like the street names announced, too. Can you please have a file that announces the street names posted?
"I have made little changes, e.g. to leave the python server running
forever (no shutdown) "----this function didn't work on my device. Once I exit XT and restart OVI map no voice played. I had to launch the python server each time before using the map. I followed your post, did exactly what you instructed, and repeated 3 times. The results were all the same. Can you suggest why?
Thanks again.
Robert

Last edited by robcmk; 2011-03-07 at 11:38.

Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
21-01-11 , 06:30 AM
New File released by CormacB - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=160

p.s. If I shouldn't share Nokia's code, please delete this thread
Hello, Blaizzen:

Thank you very much for launch of the threat and you guys wonderful work.
Can I suggest that you update your post #1 with Jiri's link http://www.pittnerovi.com/jiri/hobby...900/index.html. on it? This is the only way that worked on my device.
Cheers,
Robert