Active Topics

i recently have to dissambled my n900 to fix the misalligned slider after accidentally dropped it. when putting my n900 back, two of the screw heads snapped. this problem with snapped screw also been described here. does anyone know where to get the replacement for these broken screws?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
I've read the tehkseven page, and I'm sorry to say but Nokia isn't using cheap screws. The problem is analogous to PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair), that is the person holding the screw driver is a butterfingers.

I've taken my n900 apart 4 times and all the screws are fine. It's simly a matter of cross threading and overtorquing. Either one of those things will snap those tiny screws.

As to the replacements, there is a thread that lists sites that sell n900 parts.

The Following User Says Thank You to cr0c0 For This Useful Post:
If you are in the US, try ACE Hardware. I work on a variety of equipment and sometimes need obscure screws and connectors. ACE normally caries most of what I need. I haven't taken my N900 apart, so I cannot guarantee they will carry these.

Edit : I looked at the screws used on the N900, and noticed that two of them are torx. I don't know if ACE would have torx, but I know they have allen screws. It also would somewhat depend on which ACE Hardware you go to.

Last edited by FranzDages; 2010-03-03 at 22:47. Reason: Adding info

The Following User Says Thank You to FranzDages For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia
" N900 screws now available! ":

Originally Posted by INGINE View Post
Yeap!!! found some sources for N900 screws! i know it's probably an issue with all DIY users like me who over-torqued a screw and messed it up, not to mention they were rare as diamonds on the net, here you go:

http://www.klc.fi/fin/tuotteet/Nokia-Varaosat-N900
http://www.thenokiaparts.com/eng/tuo...00-spare-parts

both are KLC Finland, some electronic shop in Finland, soooooo here you goooooooo! just ordered two from the first link, hopefully each one of these links is connected to a different warehouse, since the first one's stock is different than the other, fingers crossed, enjoy your full-in-parts n900.

SAM screws and more in Leverkuses has screws that fit, only not in black

The Following User Says Thank You to rnieuwl For This Useful Post: