Probably a very stupid question with an obvious answer I can't find but, is there a way to have a Facebook account -without- importing all the contacts? Having all the contacts with just a "Facebook" field clutters my address book. They should go away when I go offline but they don't seem to want to go unless I disable/remove the account.

EDIT: Looks like it isnt possible. Onwards! Is there a way to quickly enable/disable an account (dbus call? gconf value?) or just keep the Availability widget in the status bar even if no accounts are active?

Last edited by Char; 2011-02-27 at 18:33.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Yep. that it does. I also made the mistake of enabling facebook chat on my n900. Couldn't find out a way to solve that problem so I ended up removing the facebook thing, clearing all my contacts and restoring old ones from a backup.

aw damn. that's a pity

Edit: seems like just disabling the account lets me get rid of the contacts. Does anyone know of a way to quickly disable/enable accounts? A D-Bus call or a GConf value? Something that's not as complicated as opening settings and enabling/disabling the acc.

Last edited by Char; 2011-02-27 at 18:10.