Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
AFAIK Theme Customizer has known issues with the SSU, and Swapolube is of dubious use. Try undoing everything Swapolube did.
TC has been covered, as d-iivil says, and swappolube should not have problems if all the programs work as expected. If a memory leak or a loop occurs, theres not much else to do than take the battery out as the system overloads.

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
TC shouldn't have any issues with the latest version. Allthough some functions ain't working (resize shortcuts, resize web bookmarks, show or hide shortcut backgrounds) if user has CSSU installed.

Instead what makes user confused is which transitions.ini file to edit. Wiki says you should only edit one located at /usr/share/hildon-desktop, but if user has transitions.ini located at theme's folder, it's gonna take over the one mentioned before.
And he's working on it. =D

TC really has no running tasks that could suddenly crash in the background.

So far, after the boot from morning, everything seems to run well, I've had no problems. I think the crash from this morning was just a glitch somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Wiki says you should only edit one located at /usr/share/hildon-desktop, but if user has transitions.ini located at theme's folder, it's gonna take over the one mentioned before.
Actually, it says "If you use a theme that has a custom transitions.ini file, it will override the one above, so check in /opt/usr/share/themes/[name of the theme you're using]/transitions.ini, if changing the transitions.ini file in the above path doesn't work. "

I know, I wrote it :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
TC shouldn't have any issues with the latest version. Allthough some functions ain't working (resize shortcuts, resize web bookmarks, show or hide shortcut backgrounds) if user has CSSU installed.
Can you explain more about how TC copies and replaces hildon-home binaries? Does it do this on installation or only when certain features are enabled?

Hopefully such an explanation can alleviate the worry I've got that saying "TC shouldn't have any issues with the latest version" hides a lot of edge cases around ordering.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Can you explain more about how TC copies and replaces hildon-home binaries? Does it do this on installation or only when certain features are enabled?

Hopefully such an explanation can alleviate the worry I've got that saying "TC shouldn't have any issues with the latest version" hides a lot of edge cases around ordering.
In the latest version it checks during installation (or upgrade) if CSSU package is installed, and if it is, then it just skips the part where it's copying the modified hildon-home binary into it's place. Same check is done every time user applies settings in the Theme Customizer.

So if user uninstalls CSSU and runs Theme Customizer => modified hildon-home is copied into it's place.
If user installs CSSU and then runs Theme Customizer => modified hildon-home is NOT copied, it's completely ignored.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
About the phenomenon that some have to press two times the power button for the unlock screen to show and some not.
It is this way for me always when I have forcerotation=1
while it is the normal one press when I have forcerotation=0.

What's the "Turbo" setting for in the transitions file?

The Following User Says Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Concerning other ideas for the CSSU, I don't know if it's possible to hack microb or it's unaccessible as closed source, but one thing I'd like very much is to have an automatic shift-ctrl-i on every page I open, i.e. the possibility to have the text automatically adjusting to page width when zooming in and out. Thanks...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
@D-iivil: I've seen this mentioned a few times and am curious as to why these functions of TC continue to work for me despite having CSSU installed. Prior to installing CSSU, I had one of the modified-hildon packages installed as well as TC. Upon installing CSSU, my enlarged, backgroundless shortcuts reverted to their default states, but reapplying those modifications through TC worked for me with no problem. This happened again after the most recent CSSU update. I am currently running the humanity theme and icon set, with an enlarged shortcut size of 130, and have no shortcut backgrounds, and am utilizing some of the features enabled by CSSU and modded transitions.ini file (z-axis rotation, touchzoom).

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
I have to say that one of my biggest wish is to see TC natively included in N900 settings, to still have easily and proper enjoy with it :-)
Can't live now without CSSU and also without TC xD

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
@D-iivil: I've seen this mentioned a few times and am curious as to why these functions of TC continue to work for me despite having CSSU installed. Prior to installing CSSU, I had one of the modified-hildon packages installed as well as TC. Upon installing CSSU, my enlarged, backgroundless shortcuts reverted to their default states, but reapplying those modifications through TC worked for me with no problem. This happened again after the most recent CSSU update. I am currently running the humanity theme and icon set, with an enlarged shortcut size of 130, and have no shortcut backgrounds, and am utilizing some of the features enabled by CSSU and modded transitions.ini file (z-axis rotation, touchzoom).
If you had CSSU installed before upgrading to the latest TC, then you need to reinstall cssu hildon-home in order to loose ability to resize icons etc

My modified hildon-home will stay there until you a) upgrade CSSU to next available version or b) reinstall hildon-home manually via xterm.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade