Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
And we do not already know this? yet ANOTHER 950 thread hits the forum.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
old news.

what's new?

The Following User Says Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Good to hear that. Previously it was rumored, now confirmed. Any specs on this?

Last edited by maverick788us; 2011-03-01 at 05:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to maverick788us For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
More or less done with buying Nokia experiments. Love my N900 and will keep it till it dies, but when it does I will move on. Nokia phone maybe. but one running Wp7 or Android [IF it ever happens].

The Following User Says Thank You to Scottlfa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Only thing missing? Dates.

Otherwise, this is repeated stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
REPEATED!!!

but i want to say, I hate the design!!!! i would like to look like N900! but thinner!

dual-core CPU 1.2 GHz?
1 GB RAM?
Dalvik VM?
QWERTY-keyboard?

IF 4xYES, I'll buy.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
I think, this device will never be called n950. He called the device "n950", to mark ist "as a successor of the n900". Out of an embarrassment, nothing more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
REPEATED!!!

but i want to say, I hate the design!!!! i would like to look like N900! but thinner!
AKA e7 that's the design i like!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by nocain View Post
1. N900 has gps+agps it work regardless of if you are in coverage area or not, if you are out of cell range it takes longer to fix your position.
"The device has an autonomous GPS with optional A-GPS functionality" -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900

2. most phones and devices that use agps DO NOT have autonomous GPS, how it can kind of track you when you go out of cell range is by fixing on your last known good location then using data from the accelerometer and the compass. this works ok for about 1000 meters or untill you move off the current map display.

This is the case with my wifi iPad and ALL agps phones that I have ever tested.

"Although some AGPS receivers are capable of functioning as a GPS receiver, most are unable and would stop functioning once you go beyond the coverage area. GPS receivers are not restricted to the range of cellular sites and you can get a fix just about anywhere on the surface of the earth." -- http://www.differencebetween.net/tec...-gps-and-agps/

3 this site does not agree with your assessment that either the Samsung Galaxy S OR S2 have GPS + AGPS http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...d-vs-galaxy-s/
Is it just me, or are you (and I both) confusing AGPS with cell-site triangulation? You can have pure GPS (like the N800 had where there was no assistance for a quick fix on location)... and then there's AGPS (which most cell phones today can do, which combines satellite data with GPS for a QUICK fix)... and then there's the ancient iPhone 1 and iPad style cell-site triangulation or maybe even WiFi Positioning, that it sounds like you're talking about.

In any case, you might want to know that Android phones such as the Galaxy S2 are, indeed, GPS with AGPS for quick lock-in on location. Further, you might even consider that Google Maps with Navigation employs HYBRID positioning, since it uses GPS, AGPS, Wifi Positioning (yep--even on my old Droid I get that little dialog saying I can get EVEN MORE accuracy out of Maps by just leaving wifi enabled) and so on.

In any case, you seem very very confused. It's okay. We can't ALL have our hands-on experience with every device to remember these things better and more personally.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-03-01 at 10:11.

Tags
bada bing, bada rox, bada rulez, bada suckss, bada sux, lam bada, lol @ bada, nokia defiled, science fiction