Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
After very bad experience with 5800 and with bit of disappointment with n900 I decided to not buy a Nokia again but I don't like Apple, M$ and want to by Android because everyone has it and offers not much.

Should I wait for a matured MeeGo platform? any suggestions

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
After very bad experience with 5800 and with bit of disappointment with n900 I decided to not buy a Nokia again but I don't like Apple, M$ and want to by Android because everyone has it and offers not much.

Should I wait for a matured MeeGo platform? any suggestions
What kind of suggestion would you like? I have my likes and dislikes, as does anyone else on this forum board. But to be more relevant to you, it'd be helpful to know more about what your particular likes and dislikes are.

Should you wait for MeeGo? It depends on what you want to do with the thing. I got an iPhone years ago because I needed a cell phone; I quickly grew tired of iOS, but the thing served perfectly well as a phone for years. I've fallen deeply in love with my new n900, and expect to continue using it as a computer even if I stop using it as a phone. If you are in need of a new phone, don't bother waiting for MeeGo; it'll still be a long time before a device comes out. (And it isn't even certain that Nokia is going to make a MeeGo cell phone; they may just go for a tablet.) If you need a handheld computer, then you just might want to wait; living within the closed world of iOS, Android, or WP7 is no way to get real work done.

(Also note that there is the option of jailbreaking or rooting most devices out there, if you find some hardware you really like.)

Samsung may bring Meego-phone with Bada-UX next autumn. You can take it as a rumor currently.
Or maybe Galaxy S2 can be flashed with Meego later, if there just would be open drivers for the hardware.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Android = open source to a degree
iOs = closed they want monies for everything
wp7 = closed and if you like accessing apps forget this.
Meego = unproven and since its gonna be run by Nokia expect neglect

For me i like apps, videos & music so a 32GB Galaxy tab would be my choice but then again its phiscally huge and expensive.

The camera on the tab sux compared to virtually any Nokia phone which Nokia is known for making great cams for there phones.

The galaxy basically has massive amounts of games if you add emulators snes, genesis, android market & so on and so forth.

Major downside for my is it does not have a keyboard.

I'am seriously thinking of getting one myself but even if i do i'll keep my N900 to still use since its a great tablet/phone.

no ios, no m$ no nokia, no android...
Seems like you gonna have your own mobile os.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
You should know that there is no such os or mobile to which you could say oh this os or mobile has everything.the truth is no such company would make a phone which has all your requirements because then there will be no competition.so just think about it.then decide

Hmm.... This is just my opinion. But it really depends on what you are looking for. And how well you are will be confortable with. Android for me is the best OS out there because of being an open source and always having update. Maniacattact is right. Apple they just wants money.

Im already happy with my N900. But if i ever going to have a alternative OS i will go to android. And carriers would be HTC because of build quality.

We'll just have to wait on what will Meego will bring on to the table.
Hope this helps.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
My advice would be to wait. That's what I'll do. My N900 will hopefully stay with me until Dec 2011... and I simply expect the market to have changed by then. At least we should know at the end of the year if Intel managed to get some company interested in building MeeGo-phones. If not - well, that'll be tough then. Actually, it'll probably mean the end of smartphones for me personally, as I certainly never use an Android phone (and iPhone and WP7 aren't smartphone by definition).

So the future isn't exactly bright, but from what I know, right now is not the time to make any decisions.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
I am in the same boat as you. No more nokia for me unless its android on nokia. Their support is totally rubbish.

my next phone will be android phone .. not sure which one though.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
My personal choice:
1) Nokia E7 (I like the design, too bad about Symbian)
2) Sony Ericsson XPeria Pro (with the PlayStation - should have powerful hardware to support gaming requirement)
3) iPhone (without the N900 to compete, I guess it'll be pretty good)

Google Nexus S (heard it's great, but personally, I don't like Samsung or HTC)

Tags
do your own, homework