Active Topics

Notices

have my n900 from one year.. and i was wondering if there is an proper application other than mirror to utlize the front camea and take some decent pictures... any thing ?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Not for taking picture but for video-calling: Skype

im familier with skype.. thee other day my professor was suprised how i was able to do a skype video call from a ceell phone (he's apple maniac)... and he asked what phone is that... i said its a pc.. unlike a fruit..

but im talking about some app like its original camera program..? none i guess ?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
have my n900 from one year.. and i was wondering if there is an proper application other than mirror to utlize the front camea and take some decent pictures... any thing ?
taking pictures is possible but decent is just too much to ask from the front cam. the iq is just enough for real time video streaming via 3g. that translates to hideous still photo quality...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
3G Video Calling, where are you? Isn't that the main reason why every phone has a front cam in the first place?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
Poor camera res = smooth but crappy looking 3G calls lol, at least for me in New York on t-mobile.

Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
3G Video Calling, where are you? Isn't that the main reason why every phone has a front cam in the first place?
dude ,, 3g video calling is on the way ,, airtel & vf seem to have got the best plans for it here in chennai circle

for more info on n900 visit tekites.wordpress.com

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
when can I make proper video calls?
its been too long now for Nokia to develop this pluggin

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
nokia won't develop a plugin now. In what world are you? maemo has been abandoned by nokia . Maybe someone in the community can make one but it won't be nokia.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by thegodfaather View Post
dude ,, 3g video calling is on the way ,, airtel & vf seem to have got the best plans for it here in chennai circle

for more info on n900 visit tekites.wordpress.com
on the way?
Bsnl already have video calling when it launched 3g. Maybe not there but here both bsnl and tata docomo offer video calling