Active Topics

Poll: Did you conver anyone to Maemo?
Poll Options
Did you conver anyone to Maemo?

Good luck, you need all of it and more for your promotion.

Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
I converted my boss from android based phone to N900 last year and 6 months later converted myself from N900 to iphone4. Now telling my boss to go the iOS way.

The Following User Says Thank You to flydeep For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
crit·i·cize
   /ˈkrɪtəˌsaɪz/ Show Spelled [krit-uh-sahyz] Show IPA verb, -cized, -ciz·ing.
–verb (used with object)
to censure or find fault with.

Also, especially British , crit·i·cise .
Thanks for backing me up with your nifty online Dictionary skills ;-)

Only the last line applies in this case.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-03-07 at 17:00.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Do you take pride in having converted to iPhone from N900? I hope this is on-topic.
Erm. I went from iPhone to N900 to Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
Lol I'd tell them to wait for the N950... Converting people to N900 now is like telling people to buy the N97... (ok not HORRIBLE but outdated somewhat)...

Yes the n900 is a good phone and its amazing in what it represents... But if the n950 really is coming out in 6 months... Why recommend a phone that already lost public support?
Because the N900 is here now in a finished state (although some might argue incomplete). Maybe the N900 won't get any more official support, but so long as you are buying it for what it does today that doesn't matter. The N950 on the other hand, we don't know when it will be released, we don't know what hardware it will have, we don't even really know what software it will have (except it is supposed to be running Meego) and for all we know it might be cancelled before it is released. Another reason is that an N900 today will be cheaper than an N950 in 6 months.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
As does legally obtained software it seems. Anyway, I'm done.
I don't appreciate beeing called a criminal. I don't know where the assumption about me using pirated software came up but its not true. Both games i tried on my N900 i've legally purchased for my Pre.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn't assume you were a mentally challenged person...oh well, everyone makes mistakes.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
OMG, you don't agree with me?!?! You must be an ashhole.

Strong logic. Tried and true in TMO.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Tautology can be passed off as intelligence!

Only in TMO.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-03-08 at 03:16.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I don't appreciate beeing called a criminal. I don't know where the assumption about me using pirated software came up but its not true. Both games i tried on my N900 i've legally purchased for my Pre.
Congrats to you. I'm all out of gold stars though.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn't assume you were a mentally challenged person...oh well, everyone makes mistakes.
Is this where I start making derp noises and flapping my arms like they're wings? Mind if I catch a squat over your windshield while I'm at it?

Seriously dude. All you had to do was answer when I asked. Now you pick the time to be all offended... inaction, consequence. Learn it.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I would never recommend the N900 to any of my real life friends. They all are amazed by things I (or most ppl here on TMO) can do with it, but I know they could't. Also I know they would not be happy with it. I'm the only nerd in my circles and most of my friends can't even do a Windows install alone. They all bug me with their computer/mobile/console/entertainment device troubles.
I usually recommend Iphone or simple Symbian phones.

@gerbick
Buying a LINUX device and expecting "modern" games for it is kinda......dunno....weird.
Linux has never been and never will be a gaming platform.
----------------------

I am an active gamer. I have owned almost all consoles since NES days and currently own: 360, Wii, PS3 (with PS2 support), PSP
Somehow I never liked gaming on the Phone. If I travel I rather take the PSP with me. If I need to kill a little time I prefer browsing the web or write code. Only very rarely I play gweled or Kroll. Most mobile phone games lack depth for me to find them interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
I converted my boss from android based phone to N900 last year and 6 months later converted myself from N900 to iphone4. Now telling my boss to go the iOS way.
So let me see if I got this right...
You are travelling back in time, and your boss is following you.

Tags
bada rox, convert, games, syinbin, tick pepol, twig the tool