Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
in version 12.5

Application Manager is practically unusable in real life. Constantly scanning and even clicking < button the Application rescan again and again and again and again and again.. FFS I just want to go back one level or quit, why does it have to keep scanning?

I'm reinstalling the default HAM.
There were a few times it updated the catalog twice (i.e. the progress bar disappeared after update completed. But when I touched the screen the progress bar popped up and HAM updated catalog again), but otherwise the slowness on my device isn't as bad as what you described.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Hi all,
Just noticed a weird side-effect of the CSSU - I cannot modify anything on the desktop. I don't know when it started, but I'm pretty much sure it worked nicely before the move to CSSU.
Any ideas?
The hildon-desktop in the CSSU has the option of disabling desktop editing. This includes getting to the theme menu and views list etc. from the desktop.

Basically, disables exactly what you're reporting as not working.

Run:
Code:
gconftool-2 -a /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions
This will list the majority of the custom hildon-desktop's gconf settings (all the ones in that gconf folder - note that gconf's folders are not in the same location in the "real" file system). There's a wiki page and another page on Matan's site that lists all the options at what they do, but for now you just want the one that's called "disable_edit". So you could just run:
Code:
gconftool-2 -g /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/disable_edit
If it reports "false", the problem is elsewhere. If it's true, then the problem is what I thought - at some point this dbus key was set (maybe you had Matan's desktop mods some time long ago or whatever), or something set it for some wierd reason at some point. Anyway, to set it back to false, to enable desktop edits, use:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/disable_edit -t bool false
Don't run it as root, run it as user. Running as root shouldn't cause any problems, but it might save some file as root and that might mess things up later. (Very unlikely though, afaik.)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
If it reports "false", the problem is elsewhere. If it's true, then the problem is what I thought - at some point this dbus key was set (maybe you had Matan's desktop mods some time long ago or whatever), or something set it for some wierd reason at some point.
Thanks man, that was it. Didn't even occur to me given that I've never installed any package or app that had desktop freeze as a feature. Who knows which app set that variable, and for what reason, anyway it didn't affect the system prior to the CSSU install.

Cheers

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
I'd like to propose to the talk.maemo.org admins to add a forum for CSSU, maybe under software.

IMHO:

1. This effort absolutely deserves it. I think CSSU is the most important project being developed right now for the n900.

2. This thread moves too fast and many different topics are being discussed in a single thread. That makes this thread hard to follow.

Right after creating the forum, general -sticky- threads can be created to include general info, links to wikis, etc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Romania
i don't know if this has something to do with the cssu but today my alarm clock did not ring (and i was late for work ). It appeared on the screen, i could press the buttons to turn it off or put it to sleep, but there was no sound.
after i finally woke up and stopped the alarm my desktop icons and widgets would not work. my contacts were working, i could press them and call, but the outers like the terminal, i could not press

i thought that the problem was the desktop command execution widget, so i tried to uninstall it, but it failed to uninstall.

I have a bluetooth steeringwheel remote in my car made for controlling the n900 and other bluetooth devices with support for A2DP and AVRCP.

When connecting to it manually it works fine. but when selecting it trusted and letting it automatically connect to the n900, so n900 bluetooth is on and i power up the remote, it starts searching and makes an atempt to connect to the n900; the n900 shows its connected and then instantly crashes and the nokia logo is shown (n900 reboots).

I tested the remote with my Nokia X6 symbian device but everything works perfect on that phone. Does anyone know if this problem is due to a conflict, CSSU or anything i can fix?

This is the site with specs:

http://www.beltal.com/on-sale/Steeri...681936136.html

Many thanks in advance

Last edited by sygys; 2011-03-09 at 07:51.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
For me...my Bluetooth is acting up..when ever i connect to my Bluetooth headphones..restart...never happened earlier...
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
I have a bluetooth steeringwheel remote in my car made for controlling the n900 and other bluetooth devices with support for A2DP and AVRCP.

When connecting to it manually it works fine. but when selecting it trusted and letting it automatically connect to the n900, so n900 bluetooth is on and i power up the remote, it starts searching and makes an atempt to connect to the n900; the n900 shows its connected and then instantly crashes and the nokia logo is shown (n900 reboots).

I tested the remote with my Nokia X6 symbian device but everything works perfect on that phone. Does anyone know if this problem is due to a conflict, CSSU or anything i can fix?

Many thanks in advance
I also experience strange behaviour with a BH-607 bluetooth device. Whenever I connect to it from N900 it shuts down (the headset, not the N900). It did not do this before, also it works with no problem when I connect to it from another phone or laptop.
weird, but can not guess how the cssu could have anything to do with this. I just mention it.

Last edited by evan; 2011-03-09 at 07:59.

Well then maybe they could look into it and maybe fix it..

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
in version 12.5

Application Manager is practically unusable in real life. Constantly scanning and even clicking < button the Application rescan again and again and again and again and again.. FFS I just want to go back one level or quit, why does it have to keep scanning?

I'm reinstalling the default HAM but failed
you won't be able to revert unless u remove community-pr then disable community repository.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Chennai, India
hi...i'm amazed by the work going on here...i am loving the community ssu like hell...i have a small issue though...when i am transferring files thru bluetooth to other devices,usually the status bar shows the progress...but that is not happening now...is there something i am missing?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade