Closed Thread
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
works like a charme!

does someone know what the global zoom is?

cheers

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
does someone know what the global zoom is?

cheers
Press buttons and find out? Try the desktop. (hint: it zooms)

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

For global zoom: press CTRL+SHIFT+S (+) and CTRL+SHIFT+F (-) to zoom in and out (not CTRL+S and CTRL+F as MohammadAG posted)

It's kind of self-explanatory, once you press the right combination, you'll find out

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woussie For This Useful Post:
Zoom works great (though I have to admit I can't see why I would use it ). May just be my imagination but the desktop and transitions between them seems smoother to me now.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Are those zoom in/out shortcuts hard-coded, or can be user defined? There are apps that use Ctrl + Shift + F to search backwards, and Ctrl + Shift + S for `Save As...` so there might be some conflicts... Maybe Ctrl + Up / Ctrl + Down would be a better idea...

The best would, of course, be Ctrl + + and Ctrl + -, but the layout of N900's keyboard makes Fn and Ctrl mutually exclusive...

Last edited by zwer; 2011-03-09 at 22:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
It would be great if the transitions.ini file wasn't overwritten when doing the update. Perhaps if there is something to be added to it it could just be appended into it rather than nuking someones custom settings? Luckily i have a back-up.

it only gets moved to transitions.ini.old

The Following User Says Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Just a quick update, version: maemo13.
This is only an update for hildon-desktop actually:
  • Added global zoom in/out support, use CTRL+SHIFT+S (+) and CTRL+SHIFT+F (-) to zoom in and out.
  • Added orientation lock, you'll see an applet in the status menu.
  • The press effect (zoom_on_press) was improved, it'll now depress only when you release the screen.
I can't see orientation lock applet? I even tried to reboot.

EDIT: You need to install status-area-orientationlock-applet

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-03-09 at 22:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Cork, Ireland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Had that since I bought it, it randomly doesn't wake me up. Subsequent alarms don't work because alarm window is modal.

This stinks to high heaven, but not CSSU's fault. I admit the behavior changed slightly at some point, in early days of CSSU. But it was back. Maybe it was temporary, maybe it was a glitch.

Yet another thing I expect N900 to be able to do. Really, alarm, how hard is that?
Hi folks,

The CSSU is a great things in the N900 history,thanks for that.

I have the alarm problem too,is it possible to find a bug,and correct it?

Hi, just a quick bit of feedback. Still loving the whole cssu as a whole, And would like to add a though:
Do we HAVE to have the orientation lock option in the status bar menu? It's cluttered enough in there already as it is. At least put something in settings where you can choose to either put it there or not. It would also be better if the icon didn't appear on the status area at all. I like to keep it in landscape a lot for reading web pages, so that is like the 'default' mode (for me at least) so having to put up with a silly icon when in 'normal' mode and no icon when in orientation switch mode seems backwards to me.
....I just remembered about powatool and managed to sort it from there, but now I have to remember that I did that and will have to remember to go into powatool to change it. That means going to powatool, restoring the status menu item, coming out, going to status menu, selecting orientations then going back to powatool to remove it again. Then repeat the same process when I want to go back to previous setting. Sorry, but this does not seem to have made anything easier. Only made things more long-winded and require a workaround to sort something that didn't need to be there in the first place.

I don't want to sound negative, that is the only small dot compared to all the overall greatness of the cssu, so it just makes it stand out for me. Just trying to give my feedback on my user experience etc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade