Active Topics

Again i'm here with new questions, and finding some answers.

Nokia 5800 Have a resisive screen, and can handle multi touch, why nokia n900 can't?

I know, standart resisive screen, can't handle multi touch, but is there some stantum screens... and this screens can do 2 and more touch point, apart of pressure sensibility, like our N900.

I have an aplication wich works with pressure sensibility, and i think it's working, it's called MYPAINT.

What type of screen have our N900? i don't use multitouch so much, but it's quite good on some situations..

PD: I know is there some screen called stantum ( or similar ).
Can handle pressure level, multi touch with 2, 3 and more fingers.

The Nokia 5800 has a single-point resistive touch screen. Any multi-touch applications you see on it are using fake multitouch.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Lets start with a fact first - as Reffyyyy already noted, the Nokia 5800 CANNOT have multi-touch.
Now, what were you saying again...?

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
didnt he guy who made de-lite bring multi touch to nokia 5800? ...

search on youtube, there are a loot of videos, demostrating the multi touch...

But that isn't the fact....

The screen have pressure sensibility, and only screen ( i know ) have that tecnology is stantum.

It is software implemented fake multitouch.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
It is software implemented fake multitouch.
****.. but, it looks real right?

You know what type of screen have the nokia N900? the preassure level is a fake to?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
There's a shortcut that if you placed one finger on the left and another on the right side of the screen, and then release one (either) side, will move the desktop - isn't that "multitouch"?

It is registered as a single click. Try it on any POS system (most use resistive touch)- it looks like pressing the mouse and dragging the it- single cursor, while multitouch is like having 2 independent mouse cursors on your desktop.