Closed Thread
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by salawat View Post
Hi,
I would like to ask, is it worth for an average user like me, (not a noob, but also dont know everything) to update my phone with these new updates. will there be any cons going through with this other than the risk of a reflash and some programs slowing down.
and what are the pros of this.
This question may have been asked before, and I apologise if Ive caused inconvenience.

regards
Letīs quote Nokia
From my opinion one of biggest pro sides is:
"Itīs opportunity to learn"
Besides that you get stuff that is mentioned in wiki and in this thread.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
no it doesn't support usb host mode, but it does work flawlessly with the power kernel so just install that.
I have CSSU and kernel titan but I am not able to use hen....is it compatible

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I'm using zoom on press. Since the new update sometimes the border you see while zooming says on the desktop. So you see a black border around your background. When you scroll to another desktop this disappears.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Hey after the recent CSSU update, I can no longer over clock my phone, even though I have the power kernel and power kernel settings installed, as well as the QCPU Frequency app, the maximum clock settings available has gone back to the default of 600.

Prior to this update I had a stable overlock of 1150 and now I can no longer overclock at all. Any solution to this please? Or any reason why latest CSSU update has disabled/interfered with overclocking feature?

Please try to resolve this, since now my phone is much slower than it was previously.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
can we get the "orientation lock" status menu entry in different language?
Is there any thhing I can do to translate it to german ?
I'll have a look at using .po files and making it translatable, any tips there would be appreciated.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ alex , egypt
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
set screenlock to landscape only, get a call and hold the phone in portrait.... you are unable to press the red button because it gets offscreen. so the rotation does not work but the button layout still changes...

its not very practical to not being able to rotate the phone app while you dont want to rotate the rest

u need to change the orientation of phone application to automatic because this problem occurs only when u choose portrait mode for phone app

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
i was able to update with FastApMAN...interesting
me too..........

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i wasn't really interested about overclocking as since the last CSSU update i'm happy with the performance (Nice one CSSU)
but then the battery life option raised my interest which leads me to ask which overclocking guide is the best to follow bearing in mind i'm using CSSU?
By FAR the best overclocking guide is on the Wiki. If you don't know where the Wiki is, you need to find it. If you find the overclocking guide intimidating (it isn't really -- just ignore the stuff you don't understand and you should still be fine!) there's a link in that guide to another by Jakiman that is more newbie-oriented and is also an outstanding reference.

Basically, CSSU has nothing to do with overclocking that I know of, so I would not take it into consideration at all when reading these guides.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Happened to me once, it was just blue instead of grey, I guess it depends on the theme you use. But if I remember correctly, it happened prior to the CSSU install...

However, one thing that definitely wasn't happening prior to CSSU, not ever since the PR1.3, is the problem with the Media Player widget's play button not working after a restart. It can be solved by removing and adding the widget again, but before that the play button is useless. Can anyone confirm that?

In addition, a wierd thing happened to me twice today - after a while the aforementioned widget 'broke', and re-adding it didn't work, and even when I went to the Media Player itself, it still refused to play, eventually popping out that something is using the audio device or something like that then spinning the songs in rapid succession, and nothing short of restarting wouldn't fix it. That has never happened before, and even the widget itself would rarely break since I've updated obexd/libopenobex (it used to break from time to time when used via my car's BT infotainment system), now it acts worse than even PR1.1 which, at least in my case, made the widget almost unusable...
My media player widget also stopped working since the last update.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hey guys, wondering why after the latest update, ONLY Tmo's fonts are permanently set as 'platsch' type instead of the default nokia sans... other sites are working normally... the font in this site is just weird now.. i would like to revert it back. thanks

edit: seems not just for this site... others too except facebook... how do i change the fonts back?

Last edited by Dark_Angel85; 2011-03-11 at 14:47.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade