Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
And yet you keep creating smurf accounts under different names to spout the same crap over and over again. If you are going to pretend to be 5 different people you should at least adopt a style of speech/writing that doesn't make you sound like a ***** in each one.

Coz?

Honestly - you would think people would have better things to do with their time than haunt a forum and post garbage over and over.
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Right, so when you engage that brain of yours, do you not realise that Android has linux roots?

Also that Android 1.6 was a pile of crap?

And how iOS 1 was Pretty and smooth but HEAVILY feature lacking?

Guess you seem to forget MeeGo hasn't even had a public release yet! Also my N900 works pretty damn well and tbh if you are just going to moan then go have fun with an Android or iPhone device.

Instead of wasting my time with notifications for threads with your random, pointless and incredibly stupid trolling...
Guys calm down. Take the chill pill and everything is better.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Anybody been able to get the weekly build from this week running? When I flash the kernel, the backlight does not come on and it hangs until I remove the battery. It's the second build from March 8th (no6?)...

Oops...forgot to untar the image....

Last edited by jnack95; 2011-03-20 at 13:05.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
For those of you interested, we have our first IRC meeting on tuesday 11:00 UTC (yes, we do mean it seriously when we say this will be done in the open):

http://bit.ly/gT16HV
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2011-03-11 at 15:30.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
is this latest news,for meego release???

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...irmed-by-Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by maemodude View Post
I belive its just a waste of time. N900 will never be a laymans device or any of the linux OS. this will be always a toy for geeks. Coz i have noticed when maemo or meego takes one crawl IPHONE or android takes one high jump. popularity of these device or OS is zero compare to others. Linux has still long way to go and im sorry for that.if meego 1.2 is released in april 2011 then also there will be million of bugs. Yet after so many updates maemo crashed hundred times and yet not stable.And people will hav to wait more than a year for application.nokia tried harder to stay in the market then only they tied up with windows.
LMAO you really dont know what your are talking about. You juist feed the trolls with garbage.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
i have some questions about meego
1.will meego be officially released for n900 via fw update?
2. which flash player version will meego have?
3. is it possible to install maemo apps in meego?

1. This has been answered before with 'Not for consumers". However, I am not sure if that remain the official answer.
3. It is possible to install Maemo Qt apps in MeeGo and MeeGo Qt apps in Maemo. About other Maemo apps, someone else will have to answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N900L View Post
No. If an general audiences form of MeeGo is released, it is unlikely that it will be done by Nokia. Instead, it will likely be done by the community in some fashion and will require that you manually switch to it.

None, unless Adobe decides to play nice and release one. Otherwise, it is up to device vendors or derivative distributions to negotiate Flash for it.

Theoretically yes, and to some degree in practice.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by N900L View Post
Apparently yes (though it will technically be a reflash, not an OTA update), but be careful not to misunderstand what official here means. It will be published by Nokia, but not *supported* by Nokia care or other Nokia help lines (hence the "Developer Edition" moniker). If you go to a Nokia shop with such a MeeGo powered N900, you will likely get blank stares and be suggested to flash back to Maemo.

That will depend on Adobe's business interests. At this point only third-party porting support has been announced (Movial?).

Not directly (architectural differences mean that they will need to be recompiled and repackaged).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
The latest build for MeeGo 1.1.9.0.7 is rather smooth in transitions. But the problem is the crashes when opening application and trying to get back to homescreen.

-Lock screen works
-power button works
-connect to wifi
-music player (work but buggy)
-Video player works (but buggy)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:

Tags
best thread yet, meegohorny, nokia rox, stupid guys say, we want bada