Originally Posted by IBICO View Post
Mythbusters tested magnets on bank cards and it needed a magnet around 1000Gause to delete it.. Average speaker magnet is about 70gause
What about magnets near SD cards?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Norway / Tromsų
Originally Posted by RedMist View Post

What about trying on the original Nokia 128mb card that came with the n800?.. It is not really much of use anyway
--

Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
SD cards aren't magnetic media, I wouldn't think a magnet would do anything.

Neither amazon nor buy.com will ship the case to Australia.

Nokia.au know nothing about it, neither do any of their resellers that I can find.

expansys.au does, at $A61. gah.

Anyone know of a US reseller (given the exchange rate of $US compared go GBP I want to buy in the US) who will ship internationally?

Zebee

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
I really want a red case for mine.

A friend is coming over from Europe in a weeks time. She ordered a red one from the on-line Nokia shop 6 weeks ago. It is still not in stock. Neither is the black one.

Bummer.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Melfa, VA, USA
Have to share this story. I posted earlier that I am getting a n800 for Christmas, it's in a box around here that I am not allowed to open, I have been looking for a case. I pretty much had settled on the strongman pda case, but had not bought one yet.

So today we were cleaning out the house and my wife says, "is this useful?" and she hands me a case logic strongman case! It exactly the same model that I was going to buy!

My Mother in law is a gadget fanatic, got her beat this year, and she had given me a bunch of stuff two years ago or so, and I just tossed it in a corner in the messy computer room. WOOT!

Now all I need is my n800 to put into my case, is it Christmas yet??

Yes, please post some photos.

Does the leather flap get in the way in the N800 is in-use?

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
My friend just heard from Nokia Austria that the red case is back in stock and they will ship it to her next week.

Unfortunately, she coming here on Sunday.
  • crossed fingers

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801959
Go by any GameStop or this webpage. This PSP carrying case will carry BOTH the Nokia N800 AND the Nokia SU-8W Bluetooth keyboard IF you simply remove the velcro storage pockets and cut out the middle storage divider. Put the N800 into the PSP place (has 2 stretch straps to hold it) with the FACE against the padded case wall to protect the screen fully, then, the keyboard wedges PERFECTLY into the other half of the shell, which holds it in place just right....Zip it up and she's ready to move! Has a nylon webbed velcroed belt loop and a carry strap on one of the two zippers not shown in the pictures of it. The case design I got was a little different with GameStop logos on it. The case is a rigid molded case vinyl covered. You cannot sit on it, but it is hard to squeeze up....

Oh, price.....a PRINCELY $9.99!......NOT $50!, how silly.....

Originally Posted by dormant View Post
My friend just heard from Nokia Austria that the red case is back in stock and they will ship it to her next week.

Unfortunately, she coming here on Sunday.
They lied. They sent another email a week later to say it wasn't in stock.

She just got another email, saying that they had a new delivery of cases and they would be dispatching mine forthwith. Also that they would not charge postage and packing, because of the delays.

Nice Nokia.
  • crossed fingers