Closed Thread
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
is there any way to get the Media Player to work in portrait mode? (listing in "Songs" to be viewed full screen on portrait mode)

That would make CSSU nearly perfect!
If you search the thread, youll see that it has been mentioned that MohammadAG is working on a replacement for the closed source Nokia Media Player which looks identical but has proper portrait support and is written in Qt.

It will be included at some point, atm he has yet to release it.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I would like to mention that i still have allot of hildon home crashes. After a crash none of the widgets i click and non of the shortcuts i click on are working. also when going into the homescreen editor mode, pressing the top bar wont bring up the menu.

I have this since PR1.0 and im really starting to wonder what is causing the problem.

i also mention that sometimes when widgets are removed and put back on. the position is saved. maybe it has something to do with widgets not visible but still bugging the system.

isnt there a way that when you delete a widget from the homescreen it gets removed from every setting so the hildon desktop stays clean. all those positions and widgets that can be set on multiple home screens are not very friendly to the hildon home im afraid.

besides all this i also have major problems with e-mail not starting. it mostly happens when a notification pops up telling me there is a new message. but when i click on the notification it crashes everything back to the desktop. after that i cant open email for about 15 minutes. after that all of a sudden the message pops up on the screen while doing nothing.

I made a command execution widget button wich lets me kill the modest process. and after that email works like a charm... but why cant it just work? Mohamed can you please look into this?

Last edited by sygys; 2011-03-16 at 14:34.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
more or less same thing here, I can easily see it happening when my LiveWallpaper (slideshow) stays blank. Only thing I can do then is reboot.
But for me it only started happening with a recent CSSU update, last or previous week. Now I recognize the behavior and I'm quicker to restart.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi all,
First message for me here, so be nice.

I own a N900 for few weeks, running PR1.3, overclocked at 900 MHz.
My current theme is Humanity (Ubuntu flavour) and I added CSSU community extensions yesterday.

Things seem to be installed as I clearly see the new animations. Very good. Also in the settings menu, I can interact with the CSSU transitions tuner, fine.

My current problem comes from the "CSSU Features Configurator", here is the stack of actions and messages:
1. Launch the app
-> "INFO The application found a settings file in the theme folder....will update..."
2. Tap
-> INFO: Reading the configuration from a theme folder...
3. Tap
-> Reading the configuration settings gave a FATAL ERROR while loading. Not all settings are available. Exiting.
4. Tap
-> It exits indeed

Here I am, is there any way to get a working state? Can this come from the theme used? Is there anything I can do to help dev team to fix something? (Not in dev, but I can make some tests).

Thanks.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Here I am, is there any way to get a working state? Can this come from the theme used? Is there anything I can do to help dev team to fix something? (Not in dev, but I can make some tests).

Thanks.
Hi romu, welcome to the forums

The CSSU tweaks a file located in
Code:
usr/share/hildon-desktop/
called "transitions.ini"

However, if you are running from a custom transitions.ini file then that will be located in
Code:
usr/share/themes/<your-theme-name>/

So, in your case I would go for the following - make sure you have rootsh and leafpad installed from the repos;

Code:
sudo gainroot
cp /usr/share/themes/ubuntu/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs
mv /home/user/MyDocs/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs/transitions.ini.ubu
cp /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs
Use leafpad from terminal and have a look at the bottom of both files for something called "thp tweaks" and simply check that the files appear to be more or less the same. If you need help zip them both up and attach them here in the forum so that we can have a look for you.

Last edited by Switch_; 2011-03-16 at 15:33.

not sure if this is CSSU related (probably not but hell i'll just ask anyway). my little girl was playing with the phone. from the desktop, she started pressing on the keyboard and as usual it would call up the contacts app. she continued typing away at the little chiclets.

she fell asleep and so did i (i put the phone away in tablet mode after she fell asleep). i woke up 3 hours later and saw a status message appear (in an infinite loop) about the contact application experiencing an internal error and being terminated. a quick check with the battery monitor app showed CPU pegged at about 50% for the past 3 hours. battery went from 90+ percent to almost flat. xlogger was chewing up quite a bit of CPU from top.

btw, i couldn't repro this.

anyone seen this before??

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Amman - Jordan
just found new video for media player(QML entertainment) on MohammadAG`s twitter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgTH8EP8mk

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amjadk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by swistaq View Post
Missing application packages: hildon-status-menu (>=0.3.40-4)
hildon-control-panel (>=1:2.2.27-4).

Unavailable through apt-get. I had the modified hildon-desktop through MaeModder but I restored it
Had to revert everuthing through MaeModder. Installed the CSSU and works great. Unfortunatelly I can't change the size of the icons on desktop through theme customizer. Any solution to that?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
How to change colour of the converstion?
Edit the CSS and the colour is should be inside the tag called something liike:

div.bubbleself

div.bubbleother

Look up the HTML colour code from google and type it in with #ADSF89 format.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey MahammadAG,
Is it possible to some what fix the instability with Hildon-Home in the CSSU?
Hildon-home is very annoying, every 30hours to 50hours of uptime it becoming unstable and slowing up the system or even freeze.

Is there any chance of replacing hildon-home with the one that won't do that?

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade