Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Dry it thoroughly then disassemble and clean all electronics parts with PURE alcohol or cleaning benzine and Q-Tips. Don't be too shy with the liquid, esp if it was Sea/Saltwater.
I had similar probs with my N95 and this cured it.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
Open it. Clean it. Put it in a jar of rice for 3 days.

Bury the rice in the north side of the yard.

Last step is optional.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The only thing you can do is to re-flash both images and start from scratch, maybe the OS has been corrupted because of electrical short and untill you do a re-flash you cannot realise if permanent damage has occured.
Done that, now. But only using Ovi Suite 3. Will probably try again with a full flash.

Oh, and just as I did last time - cause apparently I don't learn from mistakes - I forgot that the backup of applications isn't done by the backup function in Ovi Suite. My previous backup using the backup application on the N900 was from May. Yay.

Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
Open it. Clean it. Put it in a jar of rice for 3 days.
I will open it a third time when I get time, and see if I find anything to clean up. But there's nothing left to dry up any more. Also, it's been said that the rice is a myth.

pfff. Buy a new set of screws from here (4 euro):

http://www.klc.fi/fin/tuotteet/Nokia-Varaosat-N900

replace, THEN take it to nokia service center...

Actually if you look on page 2, it looks like there may even be wifi modules avaiable...?

N900 WLAN Size4.0 Module ENW49701N LGA80 4390042

Yes, seems like. But from what I've seen, I'm guessing that is but a few mm large... I wonder how much it'd be to get it repaired outside of warranty.

Edit: i sent a request to a local repair shop, hopefully I'll get a price from them.

Last edited by volt; 2011-03-16 at 14:07.

Ach doch! They had closed down the Nokia repairs part. I might try a mechashop elsewhere, though.